ALMOST BEEKEEPING - RELATED TOPICS > FARMING & COUNTRY LIFE

First tractor you drove ?

(1/5) > >>

Sour Kraut:
OK, so after Mom passed away last summer, we had the gigantic task of cleaning out the house and getting rid of old farm equipment.

My brother took the Farmall H, my nephew's cousin bought the Oliver 880, but I'm happy to report that the FIRST tractor I ever drove ( well, tried to steer, standing between Dad's legs ) the oliver 77, has found a home at my son's house.

Wonder what all the college professor types in the neighborhood think ?

BeeMaster2:
I do not remember what the first tractor that I drove was, my uncle had several. It was either a Massy Fergason or a JD.
The first one that I owned was a 53 Ferguson. Not a Massy Ferguson. It was built after Ford renigged on the deal with Ferguson and stole his 3 point lift system. Ferguson then stole the tractor design and they were both building the same tractors.
Jim

Eric Bosworth:
Have to say... Ford 8N. Great little tractor. I think I was 7 when I learned to drive.

The Kubota I have now with just under twice the power, a bucket and a back hoe is a lot more functional.

There is definitely some nostalgia when ever I see an old 8N.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Joe D:
My first tractor to drive was an Allis Chambers C, we also had a G which I liked a lot better.  Now I have 3 tractors smallest one is a 255 British Leyland, biggest is a 72 HP Massey Ferguson with big front end loader.  Would like to still have the old G.

Joe D

herbhome:
x2 on the 8N. Wish I still had it. :smile:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version