Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: The Seth Rich saga. The story the Main Stream Media won't report.  (Read 891 times)

Offline jvalentour

• House Bee
Seth Rich was a Democratic National Committee staffer who was murdered in Washington D.C. 
Seth did not die at the scene, he was transported to a local hospital where, after the emergency room was cleared by government employees, he died two hours later.
His emergency room doctor stated his wounds were not fatal and scheduled him for surgery the following day.
The death was ruled a botched robbery/homicide even though he still had his wallet, watch and cell phone when police discovered him.
Some things that are associated with the story:
Wikkileaks offered a reward for information about the killer.
KimDotCom named Seth as the leaker of the Podesta emails.
Others say he did not leak the Podesta emails, it was the DNC emails he leaked.
The DC Police are not investigating the crime.
The DNC has no interest in Seth's killer, no reward, nothing.
Google Seth Rich and read for yourself.  You'll have to work for it though, details are hard to find.

Offline herbhome

• House Bee
Re: The Seth Rich saga. The story the Main Stream Media won't report.
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 12:41:06 am »
Hmmmmm
Neill

Offline beecanbee

• House Bee
"I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me."  Duncan Vandiver

A boy can do half the work of a man, but two boys do less, and three boys get nothing done at all. :)

(False) Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.  - Samuel Johnson

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2017, 12:10:39 pm »
The Seth Rich story ? in its various versions, may not have been covered by the MSM because they don`t deal in fake news.  But all is not lost, since Snopes has covered this story rather well.

Well, Comey knocked down the NYTs yesterday.  CNN had to offer a retraction (half-hearted as it was) about what they had said Comey was going to say, and WaPo has been wrong so many times in the last year I wouldn't even contaminate my fish by using it as a wrapper.  Fake news seems to be all we get these days.

The Rich story has some interesting facets to it.  It is worth watching without going off on conspiracy tangents.  It does have some stinky parts to it at this point.
It's also worth pointing out that if the story were not attached to all the DNC/Hillary corruption of that election and the long list of bodies connected to Bill/Hill (coincidence or not) no one would have noted this death. 

?Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.?

― George Orwell, 1984

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2017, 12:52:10 pm »
OK, so why hasn't the killer been caught? As far as I've read, they don't even have a "person of interest". Are the DC police really that bad, or are they just not trying?
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline jvalentour

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2017, 03:47:28 pm »
Snopes is owned by Facebook, hardly a reliable source of what's true or not. 

As for Politifact, I don't know much about them.  Both of the writers you cite are very young....  Not that is bad, but, perspective does matter.

I think there is a web site that has images of all the political opponents of Clinton who have died for one reason or another.  Has Rich been added to this site?

Offline beecanbee

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2017, 07:19:27 pm »
Snopes is owned by Facebook, hardly a reliable source of what's true or not. 

As for Politifact, I don't know much about them.  Both of the writers you cite are very young....  Not that is bad, but, perspective does matter.

I think there is a web site that has images of all the political opponents of Clinton who have died for one reason or another.  Has Rich been added to this site?

You should check out mediabias.com.  Both Snopes and PolitiFact are gold standard sites - nothing better anywhere.  This assumes of course that you do believe in objective truth.  But if fake news makes your day go better, I have no issue with that.
"I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me."  Duncan Vandiver

A boy can do half the work of a man, but two boys do less, and three boys get nothing done at all. :)

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2017, 08:29:52 pm »
Both Snopes and PolitiFact are gold standard sites

of the two, PolitiFacts is better.  Snopes leans left and has been caught in some glaring mistakes especially on political things.  Their main political fact checker is Kim Lacapria.  Kim is openly liberal and has made some pretty big "mistakes" in some of what's been checked on Snopes.  Her fact checks are often long on opinion.
?Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.?

― George Orwell, 1984

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2017, 10:00:44 pm »
She also refuses to post when it is totally against the liberals. Snopes only covers what they want and is in favor of the left.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline beecanbee

• House Bee
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2017, 01:11:35 am »
Then maybe mediabias is biased too.  Oh what a terrible world rabid rightists must live in.   :smile:

It seems to me that selection bias doesn`t matter for a fact checking site.  Rather one should read the analysis and conclusion and decide if one feels that it is accurate.  Then beyond that, look for additional information - and as in this case with both Snopes and PolitiFact mirroring the conclusions, decide if both could possibly be wrong.

I would be interested in having a reference or link to a case where Snopes was proven wrong.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 06:44:22 am by beecanbee »

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2017, 06:59:32 am »
It's hard to put a link to a hundred omittances.

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2017, 01:04:17 pm »
Rather one should read the analysis and conclusion and decide if one feels that it is accurate.

Yes, and that's why Snopes is no longer reliable for political fact checking.  for other stuff, they are OK, but not the political stuff as long as they have a rabid leftist in charge of it. 

here is an example of slipping opinion into fact checking. 

http://www.snopes.com/orlando-shooter-was-democrat/

― George Orwell, 1984

Offline beecanbee

• House Bee
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2017, 07:52:12 pm »
Rather one should read the analysis and conclusion and decide if one feels that it is accurate.

Yes, and that's why Snopes is no longer reliable for political fact checking.  for other stuff, they are OK, but not the political stuff as long as they have a rabid leftist in charge of it. 

here is an example of slipping opinion into fact checking. 

http://www.snopes.com/orlando-shooter-was-democrat/

I read that, and didn`t see opinion sliped in.  I suppose it depends upon what original statement you believe is being fact checked.  An original claim of `He registered as a Democrat.` is far different from `He was a Democrat`.  Way back there, I registered as Republican and voted that way, but later voted Democrat.

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2017, 11:48:21 pm »
I read that, and didn`t see opinion sliped in.

OK.  Well, that explains much.  The only thing missing from that opinion piece was a picture of her standing on her head as she tried to explain a bunch of different ways why we shouldn't think of him as a democrat...which had nothing to do with the question.  The answer to the question is Yes, he was a registered Democrat.

No explanation of how he might have been in a hurry when he registered and maybe ticked a box at random was required to answer the question.

This is not the only example of her injecting opinion into her answer. 

― George Orwell, 1984

Offline beecanbee

• House Bee
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2017, 02:51:10 am »
I read that, and didn`t see opinion sliped in.

OK.  Well, that explains much.  The only thing missing from that opinion piece was a picture of her standing on her head as she tried to explain a bunch of different ways why we shouldn't think of him as a democrat...which had nothing to do with the question.  The answer to the question is Yes, he was a registered Democrat.

No explanation of how he might have been in a hurry when he registered and maybe ticked a box at random was required to answer the question.

This is not the only example of her injecting opinion into her answer.

Yes, IF that was the only question being answered.  But the article also has this:  What that lone fact means is the subject of a good deal of speculation, most often expressed as the assertion that ?Mateen was a Democrat.?   And this is a different question that begs the anlysis that was offered.

This is but a quibble, and I do see, and concede your point.  So I will try to read more critically.

All of this said, it is still apparent to me that the Seth Rich series of conspiracy rumors are simply fake news.

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2017, 01:19:40 pm »
A little personal perspective on this question of party affiliation:  in 1960 through 1967 I was registered on the voting rolls as a Democrat.  In those days the Republican party was all but non-existent in Texas, but there was a liberal wing of the Democrat party and there was a conservative wing of the same party, led by Sen. Ralph  Yarborough on the liberal side and Sen. Lyndon Johnson (until he became VP, at least) leading the conservative wing (can you believe that??).

I voted for the more conservative Democrat candidates in the primaries, but mostly voted for the Republican in the general elections -- and always for the Republican for president.  in Texas, we don't register as Democrat, Republican or whatever.  We register to vote, then vote in either the Democrat or Republican primary, whichever we choose.

In 1968, the Democrats fought hard to keep George Wallace off the general election ballot and that disn't seem fair to me, so I signed a petition of the American Independent Party (I think that's what it was called) , but then moved to New Mexico.  Did that mean I was a George Wallace AIP member?  No.  Not by any means.  But the paper trail would indicate that, I guess.

In New Mexico I found a viable Republican party, so from that time on, I've considered myself a Republican, including two unsuccessful (and ill-advised) runs for office
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2017, 01:25:30 pm »
To continue, I support the view that Rich's registration in the past doesn't prove what he was at the time of his death, but in his state someone's party registration is a pretty good indication of how he thinks and votes and failure to register for some other party indicates to me that his views haven't changed or that he just doesn't care.  Where he worked probably tells us something.
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline jvalentour

• House Bee
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2017, 01:14:48 am »
I read that, and didn`t see opinion sliped in.  I suppose it depends upon what original statement you believe is being fact checked.  An original claim of `He registered as a Democrat.` is far different from `He was a Democrat`.  Way back there, I registered as Republican and voted that way, but later voted Democrat.

Ummm... Rich was an employee of the DNC, his political leaning is unquestionable.

Are we seriously fact checking that he was a democrat?  His parents are major contributors to the party, Seriously?

Offline beecanbee

• House Bee
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2017, 03:23:38 am »

Ummm... Rich was an employee of the DNC, his political leaning is unquestionable.

Are we seriously fact checking that he was a democrat?  His parents are major contributors to the party, Seriously?

Nope - not at all.  The portion that you quoted above, was not about Rich - but was about the night club shooter.  The night club shooter was brought into this thread because it demonstrated a case where Snopes could have done a better job, and maybe wasn`t unbiased.  Seth Rich was obviously a Democrat, but whether the night club shooter was a Democrat - is what the Snopes writeup was about.

Offline jvalentour

• House Bee
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2017, 05:11:59 pm »
Just an update on the Seth Rich story.
I pulled this from Newsweek even though the headline is slightly misleading.  This report was widely carried by the independent press but not by the MSM, except for Newsweek.  I thought some of the doubters would blame the source is I used an independent link.

The Profiling Project did a nice job of analysis with the public info they had.

http://www.newsweek.com/seth-rich-murder-report-profiling-project-627634

The Report:
https://www.infowars.com/independent-investigators-seth-rich-murder-not-a-random-homicide/

Offline sawdstmakr

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2017, 05:32:38 pm »
If you believe the serial killer bit, in know of some expensive swamp land that I can sell you.  :cheesy:
Jim
"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed.  If you do read the newspaper you are misinformed."--Mark Twain

Offline beecanbee

• House Bee
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2017, 09:11:53 am »
If you believe the serial killer bit, in know of some expensive swamp land that I can sell you.  :cheesy:
Jim

So by the definition provided - are you saying that you believe it was the first time for the (non serial) killer?  If so, why do you believe it was the first time?

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2017, 01:13:39 pm »
I think Jim thinks it was a paid killer, not a serial killer. It probably wasn't his first, and won't be his last, but paid and serial are two different killers, even tho they both kill several.

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline beecanbee

• House Bee
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2017, 01:53:42 pm »
I think Jim thinks it was a paid killer, not a serial killer. It probably wasn't his first, and won't be his last, but paid and serial are two different killers, even tho they both kill several.

OK, I see.  So maybe an amateur paid killer, since he left the site without ensuring that Seth was dead.  I believe it was this point that caused the review group to conclude it wasn`t a professional killer.

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2017, 07:47:39 pm »
You may have a point there, or it could have been a set of headlights approaching, voices coming near, or anything that would frighten him or her away.

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline sawdstmakr

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2017, 11:51:32 pm »
That is what I was saying.
Jim
"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed.  If you do read the newspaper you are misinformed."--Mark Twain