Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Ace, Cider.............  (Read 499 times)

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline herbhome

• House Bee
Re: Ace, Cider.............
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 12:45:02 am »
I'm not Ace or Cider, but I say pin a medal on that mom! :smile:
Neill

Offline cidersabuzzin

• House Bee
  • vroom... vroom... but more like phut** phut**!
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 04:52:13 am »
What is your opinion of this article?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/06/07/mother-3-kills-intruder-trying-to-break-into-indiana-apartment-cops-say.html
Slightly different scenario from the one under discussion, try to compare apples with apples! The Daily Mail reports today that the terrorist were killed within six seconds of the police arriving. I don't think as a  myopic 72yr old I would want to be seen waving a gun around, unless I had a death wish!
Whats good for bees is usually good for mankind. Doesn't that mean sharing?
The Ladies could still teach the Borg a thing or two!....and maybe us too, so long as we don't go too far to the left or right and fall off the edge...

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 09:30:11 am »
Not Ace or Cider, but an endowment NRA member, retired lawyer with law enforcement experience.  I'd back this woman with one reservation.  She would be on much better ground if the perp had "broken the keep," which is an old-fashioned legalistic way of saying he had even one finger inside the premises.  Trying to break in is not quite there.  Still, I suspect the prosecutor would decline to presecute her.  In New York City or Washington, DC, they probably would, even if the thug made it all the way into the apartment.

The story says he died inside the door, but it's not clear to me whether she opened the door and shot him or he came in before being shot.  If it was the latter, I have no reservations about the matter.

By the way, anti-gunners, I'm 81 and my eyes aren't what they used to be, so my handguns are equipped with laser sights.  The bullet will go where the red dot is, so innocent people have less chance of becoming "collateral damage," as one of you put it.  I still have to qualify with iron sights, but the laser makes me feel better.
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Practicing non intervention beekeeping
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 10:07:12 am »

Well it is Fox news so it could be a fake Russia story that never happened. :grin:
Jury of your peers ... what actually happened?  Details are important.  Unfortunately the headlines propagate what some folks want to hear and as more of it gets publicized the readers feel they now have permission to shoot without consequences.  Then the next story that breaks the headlines is SON IN LAW GETS SHOT LOOKING IN ON IN-LAW.  Bullets are too quick and can't be retracted once fired.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Hops Brewster

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2017, 10:39:06 am »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/06/07/mother-3-kills-intruder-trying-to-break-into-indiana-apartment-cops-say.html
Slightly different scenario from the one under discussion, try to compare apples with apples! The Daily Mail reports today that the terrorist were killed within six seconds of the police arriving. I don't think as a  myopic 72yr old I would want to be seen waving a gun around, unless I had a death wish!
That's what corrective lenses and lasik surgery are for.  I've been myopic my entire life, but I practice often and I shoot quite better than the average police officer that shoots only once a year to renew certification. 
Winter is coming.

I can't say I hate the government, but I am proudly distrustful of them.

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2017, 11:08:45 am »
Yep, Ace, if you were to write the headline about a robber hitting 10 banks, it would read:  "Man has extensive business dealings with several banks".
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline bwallace23350

• Queen Bee
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2017, 12:45:18 pm »
THe key will be where was the intruder when she shot him.

Offline Psparr

• Field Bee
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2017, 08:25:29 pm »
If someone is attempting to break into my house with my family inside, theirs not a snowballs chance their not getting lead before they make it inside.

Offline bwallace23350

• Queen Bee
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2017, 11:42:00 am »
If someone is attempting to break into my house with my family inside, theirs not a snowballs chance their not getting lead before they make it inside.

I understand that sentiment but I am not sure of the legality of it.

Online kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2017, 12:03:21 pm »
THe key will be where was the intruder when she shot him.

depends on the state.   In CA we used to joke that if you shot someone coming through the window make sure they "fall" in and not out.  Other states give far more latitude.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 02:04:41 pm by kathyp »
?Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.?

― George Orwell, 1984

Offline bwallace23350

• Queen Bee
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2017, 01:09:39 pm »
I think in Alabama they just have to be on your property.

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Practicing non intervention beekeeping
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2017, 02:34:28 pm »
Yep, Ace, if you were to write the headline about a robber hitting 10 banks, it would read:  "Man has extensive business dealings with several banks".

LOL.  By the way these are also the cases where a hand gun was used and no shots fired.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2017, 02:29:12 am »
Well Bwallace, I'm not sure about if they are still on your property or not here.  They would have to get at least 250 yards from my house to get off mine.  But not to worry I have things to reach that far or more.
I have a green dot laser on a 9mm and a red dot on a Winchester 300 mag with extended range ammo.  I did catch a crook on my place once in the day time, not at the house, in the woods, I was deer hunting.  He said he was lost,  I told him not to get caught on it again.  I told him with his sneaking around and coming out of a thicket next to a feeder, I thought he was a deer.  My 30-06 has a hair trigger but I do wait to see what I am shooting.  I also told him that if I had shot him he would have ben permanently lost, because I would have put him in a stump hole and covered him over with the tractor.  Never saw him again, he did get caught by someone and went to prison latter.

Joe D