Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Trump`s FU world  (Read 651 times)

Offline beecanbee

• House Bee
Re: Trump`s FU world
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2017, 05:16:43 pm »
Yet another logical fallacy on display.  Quite off-putting.  But then this is just the Coffee House, where one isn`t required to be logical.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/loaded-question

"I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me."  Duncan Vandiver

A boy can do half the work of a man, but two boys do less, and three boys get nothing done at all. :)

(False) Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.  - Samuel Johnson

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2017, 09:49:28 pm »
Yet another logical fallacy on display.  Quite off-putting.  But then this is just the Coffee House, where one isn`t required to be logical.

Not a logical fallacy, but  I'll give you the loaded question bit.  You didn't answer it.  The UN runs tons of programs and most have been mired in some kind of corruption, or the money has been given to governments to be used for the people and it has not been.  It has been used to support dictators.  So again, why would we give billions to a UN program and not know how it is going to be administered? 
?Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.?

― George Orwell, 1984

Offline beecanbee

• House Bee
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2017, 05:30:49 am »
...  So again, why would we give billions to a UN program and not know how it is going to be administered? 

I try to stay away from fallacious arguments, particularly when they are irrelevant to the major issues at hand (for clarity, that being how to address climate change).  If you think the UN wastes US contributions for climate change research or for mitigation, please demonstrate that.  Links - from non-biased sources please.  A blanket assumption that the UN is bad, doesn`t cut it.

I have searched, but have not found any evidence.  I did find a UN report on their fraud detection practices with recommendations on how to strengthen their programs (non-specific to Climate Change) https://www.unjiu.org/en/reports-notes/JIU%20Products/JIU_REP_2016_4_English.pdf .  And I found another (a Forbes https://www.forbes.com/sites/larrybell/2011/08/23/the-alarming-cost-of-climate-change-hysteria/2/#58c0eb77340a ) article that dealt with US programs.)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 04:00:25 pm by beecanbee »
"I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me."  Duncan Vandiver

A boy can do half the work of a man, but two boys do less, and three boys get nothing done at all. :)

(False) Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.  - Samuel Johnson