Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Manchester Atrocity  (Read 3626 times)

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Practicing non intervention beekeeping
Re: Manchester Atrocity
« Reply #60 on: May 31, 2017, 09:53:15 am »
Brian Cardinal,
Who do you want to decide the insane?

Psychiatrist.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline sawdstmakr

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #61 on: May 31, 2017, 01:25:23 pm »
Brian Cardinal,
Who do you want to decide the insane?

Psychiatrist.

Who ever said that every nut job out there is or ever has seen a Psychiatrist. Most of them refuse to see a doctor until something happens and the law forces them to see one.
If I am a member of government and I do not like the way you talk about me or my party and I find out that you are seeing a Psych, all I have to do is tell him to take your rights away.
Jim
"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed.  If you do read the newspaper you are misinformed."--Mark Twain

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #62 on: May 31, 2017, 02:14:19 pm »
If I am a member of government and I do not like the way you talk about me or my party and I find out that you are seeing a Psych, all I have to do is tell him to take your rights away.
Jim

Common Jim if the government had the power to do that they could declare you a nut job and just put you in an institution and give you shock therapy.  The person that is afraid to have an exam is the one you need to worry about with a gun.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #63 on: May 31, 2017, 02:16:09 pm »
Psychiatrist.

You just got through bashing doctors and what they don't know, on another thread   :wink:
?Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.?

― George Orwell, 1984

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #64 on: May 31, 2017, 02:19:10 pm »
Actually - it seems from his court appearance, that he did it the name of free speech.

There's a bunch of stuff out on him now.  He hates Jews, Christians, Muslims, appears to have like Bernie on his FB page, has attended rallies for all kinds of people, and claims his Norse ancestors were slaughtered by all of the above.  Nutter  :grin:
?Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.?

― George Orwell, 1984

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #65 on: May 31, 2017, 02:20:04 pm »
Psychiatrist.

You just got through bashing doctors and what they don't know, on another thread   :wink:

They are trained to detect illnesses not develop drugs.  Do you think someone else is better suited to detect mental illness?  What is your choice?
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #66 on: May 31, 2017, 02:29:14 pm »
Do you think someone else is better suited to detect mental illness?

who makes the call on what "mental illness" removes a constitutional right?

― George Orwell, 1984

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #67 on: May 31, 2017, 06:05:09 pm »
Psychiatrist.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #68 on: May 31, 2017, 06:39:11 pm »
Psychiatrist.

Whose psychiatrist?  They're like beekeepers -- get two of them and you get two opinions.  Three and you have three opinions ( but in shrinks' case it depends on who pays the bill). 
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline cidersabuzzin

• House Bee
  • vroom... vroom... but more like phut** phut**!
« Reply #69 on: May 31, 2017, 07:25:40 pm »
Has this OP got lost along the way? Why in the American psyche doe's everything return to guns? :sad:
Whats good for bees is usually good for mankind. Doesn't that mean sharing?
The Ladies could still teach the Borg a thing or two!....and maybe us too, so long as we don't go too far to the left or right and fall off the edge...

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #70 on: May 31, 2017, 08:47:21 pm »
22 Killed, scores injured by a suicide bomber at a pop concert at the Manchester Arena. Most of the audience were young people, the youngest fatality a girl of 8!
No amount of "non gun control or
non-knife control" would have prevented this!

Lets hope MB and KP do not make anymore fatuous comments this time please

Has this OP got lost along the way? Why in the American psyche doe's everything return to guns?

― George Orwell, 1984

Offline cidersabuzzin

• House Bee
« Reply #71 on: June 01, 2017, 04:21:57 pm »
Kathy
What I am referring to is in another thread nearly the first thing mentioned was guns, or in your case knives.
Now in this thread it has degenerated into people slagging each other off about, you guessed it, Guns! :sad:
The Ladies could still teach the Borg a thing or two!....and maybe us too, so long as we don't go too far to the left or right and fall off the edge...

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #72 on: June 01, 2017, 05:57:10 pm »
A concealed carry permit is issued to very few, if any, crazies. I don't remember any mass shooting or armed robbery carried out by a conceled carry permittee. Could you give me an example?

Google has quite a few.  This is one link.
http://concealedcarrykillers.org/mass-shootings-committed-by-concealed-carry-killers/

You do realize that our military is responsible for creating the highest number of mental issues cases that result in violence from the returning veterans?  The VA barely scratches the surface for treatment.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Online little john

• Queen Bee
« Reply #73 on: June 02, 2017, 04:47:38 pm »
Kathy
What I am referring to is in another thread nearly the first thing mentioned was guns, or in your case knives.
Now in this thread it has degenerated into people slagging each other off about, you guessed it, Guns! :sad:

It's an inherent characteristic of the forum.  If you look at the list of sub-fora, you'll see two in particular: "The Constitution" & " The 2nd Amendment" - neither of which is in any way related to beekeeping.  I've no idea why these subjects were chosen, but I would have thought that the consequence of their inclusion by fostering extreme polarised views was fairly predictable.

An equivalent on a British Forum might be: "The Aristocracy" & "The European Union".  Another case of 'light the blue touch-paper, and retire immediately ... '
LJ
A Heretics Guide to Beekeeping - http://heretics-guide.atwebpages.com

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #74 on: June 02, 2017, 06:29:22 pm »
It's an inherent characteristic of the forum.  If you look at the list of sub-fora, you'll see two in particular: "The Constitution" & " The 2nd Amendment" - neither of which is in any way related to beekeeping.  I've no idea why these subjects were chosen, but I would have thought that the consequence of their inclusion by fostering extreme polarised views was fairly predictable.

Oh good grief.  That WHY we have the coffee house.  To keep these kinds of things out of the beekeeping forums.  You are not required to read or participate in the coffee house.

― George Orwell, 1984

Offline cidersabuzzin

• House Bee
« Reply #75 on: June 02, 2017, 06:46:30 pm »
Kathy

An equivalent on a British Forum might be: "The Aristocracy" & "The European Union".  Another case of 'light the blue touch-paper, and retire immediately ... '
LJ
I agree, but its good fun whilst the paper is alight  (excepting what happened in Manchester obviously)

Offline cidersabuzzin

• House Bee
« Reply #76 on: June 02, 2017, 07:05:41 pm »

Oh good grief.  That WHY we have the coffee house.  To keep these kinds of things out of the beekeeping forums.  You are not required to read or participate in the coffee house.
Ah there we have it, 'The Coffee House' is for the select few! :cheesy: (Thousands of posts required to have an opinion?)

Offline Psparr

• Field Bee
« Reply #77 on: June 02, 2017, 08:05:48 pm »

Ah there we have it, 'The Coffee House' is for the select few! :cheesy: (Thousands of posts required to have an opinion?)

No. He has every right to his opinion, as does Kathy. That's what makes this freedom of speech thing so much fun.
Now as long as we can stay within the forum boundaries. . .

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #78 on: June 02, 2017, 10:36:32 pm »

If you had read what I wrote, the coffee house is for anyone to discuss non-beekeeping stuff so that we keep that stuff out of the beekeeping forums.  You are here.  Has anyone ever said you shouldn't be?  Ace is here and has contributed a lot!

Little John seems to think there is a problem with having discussions about things that might be polarizing.  I submit that it is the lack of discussion that causes most problems.  If he can't take it, then not coming here is a good option for him, but no one would keep him out, or even suggest it. 

― George Orwell, 1984

Online little john

• Queen Bee
« Reply #79 on: June 03, 2017, 05:31:40 am »

Kathy, in your comment about the role of The Coffee House you appear a little confused, as at no time have I mentioned this particular sub-forum. My earlier comments were directed at the sub-forums 'The Constitution' and 'The 2nd Amendment' only, these being political subject areas, and subjects highly specific to the United States.

Discussing political subjects - as with religion - is pretty-much guaranteed to engender division and stimulate conflict, for people tend to adopt highly polarised opinions on such matters - far more so that in other subject areas.
The fact that they are included within a list of forums for discussion, is - in a sense - an invitation to become embroiled within subject areas for which there will NEVER be consensus. 

You appear to hold the view that the discussion of particular subjects can be contained within their designated forums, but as can be witnessed within this current thread, this is clearly not the case - for political discussions in particular become so inflammatory that they have a tendency to stray over into other discussions.
This thread was intended to focus on the tragedy in Manchester, but instead is being used as a springboard to discuss contentious American issues such as gun control, Islamic conflict and American foreign policy.

Your abrasive comment "You are not required to read or participate in the coffee house" not only indicates that you have completely failed to understand my previous post, but also hints at a denial of the same right of free speech that you yourself enjoy, and that so many people in free countries around the world so jealously guard and uphold.
LJ
A Heretics Guide to Beekeeping - http://heretics-guide.atwebpages.com