Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Manchester Atrocity  (Read 3825 times)

Offline cidersabuzzin

• House Bee
  • vroom... vroom... but more like phut** phut**!
Manchester Atrocity
« on: May 23, 2017, 06:43:23 pm »
22 Killed, scores injured by a suicide bomber at a pop concert at the Manchester Arena. Most of the audience were young people, the youngest fatality a girl of 8!
No amount of "non gun control or non-knife control" would have prevented this!
Lets hope MB and KP do not make anymore fatuous comments this time please
Whats good for bees is usually good for mankind. Doesn't that mean sharing?
The Ladies could still teach the Borg a thing or two!....and maybe us too, so long as we don't go too far to the left or right and fall off the edge...

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
Re: Manchester Atrocity
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2017, 06:48:25 pm »
I don't know why you would think that I would.  This is the thing we all fight against.  Having people armed in this case would have made not difference so it's not an issue.
They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2017, 09:11:15 pm »
Not a gun control situation, but rather an open border situation. Now tell us a closed border could not have prevented it.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline beecanbee

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2017, 06:49:26 am »
Not a gun control situation, but rather an open border situation. Now tell us a closed border could not have prevented it.

Since it seems he was born there, a closed border wouldn`t have prevented it.  Not sure what would have though.  Same for the Richard Collins U. Of Maryland slaying.  How does a civil society prevent these?  Maybe all that we can expect is that they are infrequent.
"I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me."  Duncan Vandiver

A boy can do half the work of a man, but two boys do less, and three boys get nothing done at all. :)

(False) Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.  - Samuel Johnson

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2017, 07:29:30 am »

Since it seems he was born there, a closed border wouldn`t have prevented it.  Not sure what would have though.  Same for the Richard Collins U. Of Maryland slaying.  How does a civil society prevent these?  Maybe all that we can expect is that they are infrequent.

Did his parents teach him to do it, or was he converted by immigrants who should have not been allowed into the country?
Yes, closed borders could have prevented it.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Practicing non intervention beekeeping
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2017, 09:56:23 am »
Yes, closed borders could have prevented it.

No closed borders would not have prevented it.  Getting our ass out of the Middle East where it doesn't belong would have prevented it.  Do you think closed boarders would have prevented us from getting into the second world war?  Iddee, if the boarders were closed you wouldn't be here because you ain't native american.  However if the Indians had closed the boarder I am sure the Europeans would have found a way in.  So will Isis.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Captain776

• House Bee
  • Captain
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2017, 10:29:17 am »
Think about thi.
What penalty do they face anywhere in the world, no matter where they are or what they do?
ANSWER IS: None.
I lived and worked in the Middle East for 6.5 yrs and was immersed in their culture and had 14,000 employees on one project in Kuwait, so I know them well.
My knowledge of them is first hand, not from CNN.
They are consommate COWARDS, only tough in a group and even then, still COWARDS.
Once you start killing them, and they are facing consequences, they will RUN for the border.
UK has lost already, the Arab Muslims are taking over, London has a Arab Muslim mayor. WHY? Because there is already enough Arab Muslims there to influence the election, Parliament is next, and the entire country will be a Muslim stronghold by 2032, myself, I don't think it will take that long.
Look at Dearborn Michigan, that is spreading like an out of control cancer.
We need to STOP the black and white conflict and the 2 party system and unite and eradicate Arab Muslms, they are the true threat.
It is beyond my comprehension that in the 21st century, there is still black n white conflict in America, that is embarrassing.
Bought my first NUC April 7, 2016.
Like all you when you first started, I am fascinated with beginning Beekeeping and trying to learn all I can.
I retired May 2015 and have added this to my short list of hobbies.

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2017, 01:45:36 pm »
It is beyond my comprehension that in the 21st century, there is still black n white conflict in America, that is embarrassing.

Wow!  I can feel your lips a flapping.  We sill have a black and white conflict because there are still people like you.  It is exactly why we have a Christian and Muslim problem in the 21st century.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2017, 02:13:26 pm »
Ace, you are so full of it your eyes are brown. WAKE UP.

The information below had red flags all over it. Americans should take heed that this could be our future. It?s like a war zone over in the UK with armed guards everywhere. The British people let this happen with open borders and unlimited refugee resettlement. Please read below and note this family NEVER became a part of their new country.

NO ASSIMILATION AT ALL!

The Manchester bomber Salman Abedi, 22, had made trips to Libya and had just returned from there ?days ago?. A school friend said, ?He went to Libya three weeks ago and came back recently, like days ago.?

Authorities looked into his connections with al-Qaeda and Islamic State in his parents? homeland of Libya. It?s being reported that he went through a secret terror training in Syria prior to his return home.

THE SON OF REFUGEES RADICALIZED RECENTLY:
Abedi born in Manchester and grew up in tight-knit Libyan community that was known for its strong opposition to Colonel Muammar Gaddafi?s regime.

?The family is super religious. They have about 10 kids and you never see any of the girls,? one neighbour, who did not want to be named, said. ?I only ever saw the mother once or twice in 10 years. She always stayed in the house and whenever I saw her she was wearing a veil.?

Salman had become radicalized recently ? it is not entirely clear when ? and had worshipped at a local mosque that has, in the past, been accused of fundraising for jihadi

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline cidersabuzzin

• House Bee
  • vroom... vroom... but more like phut** phut**!
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2017, 03:55:34 pm »

"The information below had red flags all over it. Americans should take heed that this could be our future. It?s like a war zone over in the UK with armed guards everywhere. The British people let this happen with open borders and unlimited refugee resettlement. Please read below and note this family NEVER became a part of their new country."

iddee
Don't believe everything you read in the newspapers, We get blamed for not letting in many refugees from Syria! Preferring to help with camps closer to their home country.
iddee, when was the last time you were in the UK? To make such a sweeping statement as the UK being a war zone is being a little unkind. Having been in the US a few weeks ago the thought of the potential crazies carrying concealed firearms, a war zone could break out at anytime!(and that's just the ones with permits) factor in the criminal element and its a wonder society has not broken down already. Having had the experience I know where I would sooner live.
Tin hat on and down  in the bunker!
 Regards
cider :wink:
Whats good for bees is usually good for mankind. Doesn't that mean sharing?
The Ladies could still teach the Borg a thing or two!....and maybe us too, so long as we don't go too far to the left or right and fall off the edge...

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2017, 05:31:00 pm »
If there aren't armed guards everywhere, I think your leaders are even dumber than I thought before.

A concealed carry permit is issued to very few, if any, crazies. I don't remember any mass shooting or armed robbery carried out by a conceled carry permittee. Could you give me an example?

Also, explain why there are fewer shootings where gun control is lax and more where gun control is strictest.

In the USA, that is.

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2017, 06:07:42 pm »
Gun control is strictest in areas that have high crime rates.  If the laws were relaxed shooting wouldn't go down it would go up.  There is also the case where a mother had the permits but the crazy son got the guns and shot people up.  There are unfortunately many cases where people rightfully have a gun and the wrong person gets a hold of it.  Then there are accidents that happen routinely.  Hopefully that will never happen in your family iddee.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2017, 07:22:27 pm »
""Gun control is strictest in areas that have high crime rates.""

No, Ace, you are backward as usual.  High crime rates are where the gun control is strictest. Crime does go down when gun control in relaxed in an area. There are always going to be accidents, guns or otherwise. It has happened in my family, Ace. Oldest brother laid over a deer rifle and pulled the trigger. Next older brother's son used a .22 caliber rifle

Neighbor tried to borrow a rifle, but when we said no, he walked out in a pond and drowned. Guns were only the tool used. The deaths would have come anyway.

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline jvalentour

• House Bee
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2017, 10:12:05 pm »
Wow!  I can feel your lips a flapping.  We sill have a black and white conflict because there are still people like you.  It is exactly why we have a Christian and Muslim problem in the 21st century.  Acebird

Ace you are totally out of line.  Take your anger somewhere else.  And learn to spell.

Offline jvalentour

• House Bee
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2017, 10:24:41 pm »
iddee
Don't believe everything you read in the newspapers, We get blamed for not letting in many refugees from Syria! Preferring to help with camps closer to their home country.
iddee, when was the last time you were in the UK? To make such a sweeping statement as the UK being a war zone is being a little unkind. Having been in the US a few weeks ago the thought of the potential crazies carrying concealed firearms, a war zone could break out at anytime!(and that's just the ones with permits) factor in the criminal element and its a wonder society has not broken down already. Having had the experience I know where I would sooner live.
Tin hat on and down  in the bunker!
  Cider

Cider,
I laugh at folks like you.  While you were in the states you probably sat or walked next to half a dozen or more men and women packing.  You didn't even know it.  You probably even opened a door for one or two for them.
The UK is not a war zone but it has NoGo zones.  And you know it. 
And oh yeah, when was the last time you had a member of your military, in country, have his head cut off and his body repeatedly run over by an immigrant?    Just sayin'.

Offline beecanbee

• House Bee
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2017, 12:43:04 am »

And yet you said Buckwheat?  Or did I misread that?
"I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me."  Duncan Vandiver

A boy can do half the work of a man, but two boys do less, and three boys get nothing done at all. :)

(False) Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.  - Samuel Johnson

Offline Captain776

• House Bee
  • Captain
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2017, 10:24:17 am »

And yet you said Buckwheat?  Or did I misread that?

Obama deserves it, for what he did to this country and is still doing.
Bought my first NUC April 7, 2016.
Like all you when you first started, I am fascinated with beginning Beekeeping and trying to learn all I can.
I retired May 2015 and have added this to my short list of hobbies.

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2017, 01:23:30 pm »
For nearly a thousand years, Islam tried on numerous occasions to conquer Europe, until the Ottoman Empire's siege of Vienna was broken in a decisive battle in 1683 and after the Turkish troops had been routed, Polish, German, Spanish and others slaughtered many of the remaining combatants.  The Islamic jihad has never deviated from its goal of conquest, but the path to vistory has changed from military might to a more devious way of destroying our resistance.  The ultimate goal of Islam is to convert, enslave or annihilate any who do not embrace Islam.  We are fools to allow them into our countries, because they will never relent.  They are as dangerous to our way of life as any we have ever faced.  And we and our leaders are allowing them to overrun all western nations.
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline bwallace23350

• Queen Bee
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2017, 09:54:12 am »
For nearly a thousand years, Islam tried on numerous occasions to conquer Europe, until the Ottoman Empire's siege of Vienna was broken in a decisive battle in 1683 and after the Turkish troops had been routed, Polish, German, Spanish and others slaughtered many of the remaining combatants.  The Islamic jihad has never deviated from its goal of conquest, but the path to vistory has changed from military might to a more devious way of destroying our resistance.  The ultimate goal of Islam is to convert, enslave or annihilate any who do not embrace Islam.  We are fools to allow them into our countries, because they will never relent.  They are as dangerous to our way of life as any we have ever faced.  And we and our leaders are allowing them to overrun all western nations.

For the most part this is a very correct statement. I just want to give it a bump for the truth is speaks.

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2017, 02:17:23 pm »
They are as dangerous to our way of life as any we have ever faced. 

You mean that way of life to go to distant lands and conquer the people there and take away their gold and valuable resources (now mostly oil), enslave the people they found and take them away from their homeland or push them off into a useless piece of land?  These were predominantly self righteous Christians that did this.   What Muslim country comes to our land (ours now because we stole it from the Indians) with war machines and troupes, kills our citizens, blows up our buildings and claims they are helping us on a daily basis?
We have an educational system that is government funded up until the high school level, even have required core subjects such as history and geography and some how come out the dumbest people that ever walked the earth.  How can that be?
Brian Cardinal
Just do it