Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Trump is in Trouble  (Read 1268 times)

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
Re: Trump is in Trouble
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2017, 04:06:21 pm »
Cost was leveled out in the fact that women now don't pay more for health insurance just because they are women.

Not just because they are women.  Because women use more and more varied service.  I now pay MORE than I did before, BTW.  Older people use more.  Sick people use more.  Yet for some reason people think it unfair that those who use more, should not pay more. 

did you read the article on Medicaid outcomes from my state? 

Another question.  If we have private/public healthcare, will you force doctors and hospitals to see people on the public plans? 
?Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.?

― George Orwell, 1984

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2017, 04:07:40 pm »
I read it what is your beef?

did it not strike you as odd that they made a point of saying they were encouraging more private insurance and care?  Why?
?Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.?

― George Orwell, 1984

Offline Acebird

• Super Bee
  • Practicing non intervention beekeeping
« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2017, 06:00:11 pm »
I read it what is your beef?

did it not strike you as odd that they made a point of saying they were encouraging more private insurance and care?  Why?

Didn't see it.  Breezed through it again, still didn't see it.
There is nothing wrong with private insurance and care if you want it.  I am sure it will always be available.  You can get secondary insurance for most plans now if you are healthy.  There are many areas of the country that can support both but then there are many areas of the country that cannot support private care because the population is not big enough or wealthy enough.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Acebird

• Super Bee
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2017, 06:07:35 pm »
Yet for some reason people think it unfair that those who use more, should not pay more. 

Just curious what your opinion is on pay scale for men and women.  Should it be the same or should it be base on productivity?
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2017, 06:19:30 pm »
Since 1996, there have been incentives to encourage the purchase of insurance, often described as ?carrots and sticks?. The carrots comprise a 30% rebate on private insurance premiums, effectively reducing the cost. The sticks are an income tax surcharge for higher income earners without private cover. Since 2000, there has been a financial incentive to purchase insurance by the age of 30 and to stay with cover. This is Lifetime Health Cover, an age-related premium based on the number of years after 30 without private insurance.

Just curious what your opinion is on pay scale for men and women.  Should it be the same or should it be base on productivity?

If all things are equal, then yes pay should be equal regardless of the person in the job.  The problem with the calculations used to say women earn less is that they do not take into account the equality part.  Wome tend to take more time off, take lower paying jobs for the sake of time with family.  They take breaks from work for kids and so have less job experience.  What these = pay people really want is for women to be paid the same no matter the choices they make. 

here is a real life example.  Where my husband works they have hired a bunch of young women early in their careers.  Of course their starting pay is lower even though they do the same job.  They also call in fairly often with sick kids, child care issues, or they get pregnant and are gone for 6 months.  one of them has been allowed to come in late because her child care is not available early enough. 

The guys pick up the slack.  Should the women be paid the same as the men when they are usually not doing the same amount of work?  If they gain seniority and are paid more, should consideration be made in their pay for the fact that they miss work or are late? 

Also, in the same workplace there are women who have chosen to work fewer days, or are job sharing.  In the calculation of "women don't get paid as much for the same job" it's true, these women are not being paid as much for the same job.  They ARE being paid the same for the work they do, and the amount of experience they have in spite of the fact the take time off, call in sick, and come in late.

― George Orwell, 1984

Offline Acebird

• Super Bee
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2017, 08:42:59 am »
Since 1996, there have been incentives to encourage the purchase of insurance, often described as ?carrots and sticks?. The carrots comprise a 30% rebate on private insurance premiums, effectively reducing the cost. The sticks are an income tax surcharge for higher income earners without private cover. Since 2000, there has been a financial incentive to purchase insurance by the age of 30 and to stay with cover. This is Lifetime Health Cover, an age-related premium based on the number of years after 30 without private insurance.
To me this appears like politics not something that is required.  If you are going to levy a tax based on income why would insurance companies be involved?  How does an insurance policy make that a better choice for healthcare.

They ARE being paid the same for the work they do, and the amount of experience they have in spite of the fact the take time off, call in sick, and come in late.

It is easier to balance the scale if the employee is hourly or on piece work.  However any interruption is a loss in productivity.  When it comes to management positions it is not so easy to balance the scale because in most cases if the manager is gone or in and out the department turns to chaos which results in a huge loss of production.  Some jobs can tolerate missing employees and some jobs can't.  It makes no difference whether you are male or female but as you have sited generally females have more work interruptions then males.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2017, 12:22:01 pm »
To me this appears like politics not something that is required.

Yes, for the most part, although it looks like there is some kind of tax penalty for those in higher income brackets that don't.  My question is why?
If you have a program that covers everyone, why do you need to encourage people to buy insurance? I get it if it's stuff that's not covered by the state program, but what would be the other reasons? 

― George Orwell, 1984

Offline Hops Brewster

• House Bee
Winter is coming.

I can't say I hate the government, but I am proudly distrustful of them.

Offline Acebird

• Super Bee
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2017, 09:35:07 am »
I get it if it's stuff that's not covered by the state program, but what would be the other reasons?

Pressure from the insurance companies.  Same thing that mucks up all government programs, the takers.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Captain776

• House Bee
  • Captain
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2017, 09:41:37 am »
It is amazing to me........the Russian collusion conspiracy is falling apart by the day because of no evidence or proof, Comey said he didn't do it, CIA said there is no evidence but the Special Prosecution is continuing, but on the other side, there is indisputable proof Hillary and Buckwheat broke NUMEROUS LAWS and not one word about it
Bought my first NUC April 7, 2016.
Like all you when you first started, I am fascinated with beginning Beekeeping and trying to learn all I can.
I retired May 2015 and have added this to my short list of hobbies.

Offline sawdstmakr

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2017, 12:55:51 pm »
It is amazing to me........the Russian collusion conspiracy is falling apart by the day because of no evidence or proof, Comey said he didn't do it, CIA said there is no evidence but the Special Prosecution is continuing, but on the other side, there is indisputable proof Hillary and Buckwheat broke NUMEROUS LAWS and not one word about it
I agree but not when you consider the extreme bias of our media. if it was the other way around, it would be the exact opposite.
Jim
"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed.  If you do read the newspaper you are misinformed."--Mark Twain

Offline beecanbee

• House Bee
« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2017, 04:27:27 am »
It is amazing to me........the Russian collusion conspiracy is falling apart by the day because of no evidence or proof, Comey said he didn't do it, CIA said there is no evidence but the Special Prosecution is continuing, ...

It may not matter much, but I find it quite surprising that a statement which was debunked as `mostly false` by PolitiFact some time ago still gets used.  If people from both sides of the political divide are ever to come together, objectively demonstrable facts need to be recognized as such, and the false news and inaccurate political quips, similarly acknowledged for what they are.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2017/may/12/donald-trump/trumps-mostly-false-claim-clapper-said-no-collusio/
"I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me."  Duncan Vandiver

A boy can do half the work of a man, but two boys do less, and three boys get nothing done at all. :)

(False) Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.  - Samuel Johnson

Offline gww

• Field Bee
« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2017, 03:23:55 pm »
beecanbee
It may not matter much, but I find it quite surprising that a statement which was debunked as `mostly false` by PolitiFact some time ago still gets used.  If people from both sides of the political divide are ever to come together, objectively demonstrable facts need to be recognized as such, and the false news and inaccurate political quips, similarly acknowledged for what they are.

Thumbs up.
gww

Offline RogerK

• New Bee
« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2017, 11:22:51 pm »
We have to follow the rule of law and the process of investigation, but it sure seems there is plenty cover ups, obstruction, and way too much smoke to not have a fire. Apparently he was elected because "government doesn't work", and it needed to be torn inside out. Well, I guess it is, in plain view. Personally, I think the slow, methodical, and even strained and polarized atmosphere is better than tearing it down. Think about the EPA for instance, and the guidelines to keep pollutants out of the water, air, and land. Surly this is what the pollinators need. But Pruit seems on a mission of destruction. We do all benefit for a functioning federal government in many ways, so we need a structure, trust, and good representation in a fool proof system with the checks and balances we are now seeing.

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #54 on: May 28, 2017, 11:00:39 pm »
We have to follow the rule of law and the process of investigation, but it sure seems there is plenty cover ups, obstruction, and way too much smoke to not have a fire.

But where does the "smoke" come from?  It comes from the press and their anonymous sources.  Those things we do know about are perfectly within the law and done by every incoming admin. 

Think about the EPA for instance, and the guidelines to keep pollutants out of the water, air, and land. Surly this is what the pollinators need. But Pruit seems on a mission of destruction.

The EPA has massively overstepped any bounds ever considered for them.  Even if you think some of what they have done is necessary, and it may be, it does not follow that they should have free rein to do as they please. A great deal of what they have done over the last few years has to do with "climate change" and some of what they have done, like trying to take control of all water, no one knows why they do it.

What you get with most of the alphabet agencies are unelected and unaccountable, except to whatever admin is in, law making agencies. Making laws belongs to Congress.   Calling something a regulation when it is, in fact, a new law, is not something a government agency has the legal power to do.  And yes, Congress is largely at fault in this because they fund these agencies and they do not push back when the agencies overstep. 

We do all benefit for a functioning federal government in many ways, so we need a structure, trust, and good representation in a fool proof system with the checks and balances we are now seeing.

We need structure and good representation.  We should not trust.  one of the reasons our government is set up the way it is, is because our founders did not trust the government to always have the best interest of the people.  There is no fool proof system and I'd be interested in your interpretation of check and balances?  If you mean the press that was literally in tears when Hillary lost, I don't see them as much of a check or balance. 

― George Orwell, 1984

Offline Acebird

• Super Bee
« Reply #55 on: May 29, 2017, 09:29:01 am »
If you mean the press that was literally in tears when Hillary lost, I don't see them as much of a check or balance.

Without the press all our guns would be confiscated and we would be a police state like Russia.
What is important about the press is not so much what they say anymore it is more about what they show.  It wouldn't surprise me one bit if Melania voted for Hillary.  It is obvious she can't stand the turd.  People rely a lot on social media but this can be turned off.  What can't be turned off is the press because it operates outside our boarders.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #56 on: May 29, 2017, 06:58:33 pm »
Without the press all our guns would be confiscated and we would be a police state like Russia.

I am not exactly sure what you are saying here. 

No one suggests we should be without the press, but it has shown itself to be very unreliable especially lately.  Most totalitarian countries have a press, but it can't be trusted to be truthful.  At this point, we are no better off.  The majority of our press is practicing advocacy rather than reporting.

Your comment about Melania is an example of you getting your info from that unreliable press that puts what it want you to believe in front of you, and you bite like a trout on a fly.    :wink:

― George Orwell, 1984

Offline Acebird

• Super Bee
« Reply #57 on: May 30, 2017, 08:33:33 am »
[Your comment about Melania is an example of you getting your info from that unreliable press that puts what it want you to believe in front of you, and you bite like a trout on a fly.    :wink:

The videos are clips that are not doctored.  If they were the sue happy turd would go after the press and win.  No one is putting words in his mouth most would like to break his phone so he can't tweet.  It doesn't take a master's degree in psychology to read the faces on the people around him.  The US presidency is very high profile.  It is only natural that the world would pay so much attention to an incompetent buffoon in that position.  The ones who bit like a trout on a fly are the ones who voted for him. :wink:  We will see if they can recognize their mistake in 2018 and whether he even makes it to 2020.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline jvalentour

• House Bee
« Reply #58 on: May 31, 2017, 12:51:06 am »
boarders

Brian,
Learn to spell borders.
You're a dumb POS.
Bad public education I bet.

Offline jvalentour

• House Bee
« Reply #59 on: May 31, 2017, 12:55:01 am »
boarders
noun
a person, especially a lodger, who is supplied with regular meals.

Makes you look more stupid than you may be.  Not sure how stupid you are, just sayin'