Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Trump is in Trouble  (Read 1363 times)

Offline bwallace23350

• Queen Bee
Trump is in Trouble
« on: May 17, 2017, 11:04:11 am »
Regardless of how you feel about Trump and what is going on he is in big trouble. He enemies are circling for the kill and he keeps hurting himself by not having a consistent story. At this rate it is only going to be a couple more instances he they will probably move in for impeachment. What does everyone else think?

Offline gww

• Field Bee
Re: Trump is in Trouble
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 11:32:02 am »
I think he has a republican congress and a republican senate and though the news is all over it, it will probly take a lot more then what is going on now to impeach.  There might be some acts of distancing themselves by those that have mid term elections but impeachment is probly not in the cards.
Cheers
gww

Offline Hops Brewster

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 11:34:31 am »
I think most people don't understand what "impeachment" means, and what it takes to accomplish it.  The Impeach Trump movement began the moment Election Day ended with absolutely zero grounds for it.  Impeachment is akin to a criminal indictment, and Trump is under no criminal investigation at this point in time.  It was easy fr the Republican majority to impeach Bill Clinton, for he was committing felonies and misdemeanors left and right, but Congress chose not to pursue prosecution to remove him from office, for they felt they might not have the few Democrat votes they needed to be successful.  Hillary was under criminal investigation during the campaign, and would have been a prime subject for impeachment if she had been elected. 

Now that there is an obstruction of justice allegation on Trump with possible evidence, it is up to Congress to investigate, and Caffetz is calling for such.  but it is still a long, hard road to impeachment, and difficult to prosecute if it is found impeachment is warranted, especially considering that it is a Republican Congress that you expect to impeach a Republican President.

You can't impeach a President just because you hate him.  There has to be grounds ie; "High Crimes or Misdemeanors".
Winter is coming.

I can't say I hate the government, but I am proudly distrustful of them.

Offline bwallace23350

• Queen Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2017, 11:49:11 am »
I think most people don't understand what "impeachment" means, and what it takes to accomplish it.  The Impeach Trump movement began the moment Election Day ended with absolutely zero grounds for it.  Impeachment is akin to a criminal indictment, and Trump is under no criminal investigation at this point in time.  It was easy fr the Republican majority to impeach Bill Clinton, for he was committing felonies and misdemeanors left and right, but Congress chose not to pursue prosecution to remove him from office, for they felt they might not have the few Democrat votes they needed to be successful.  Hillary was under criminal investigation during the campaign, and would have been a prime subject for impeachment if she had been elected. 

Now that there is an obstruction of justice allegation on Trump with possible evidence, it is up to Congress to investigate, and Caffetz is calling for such.  but it is still a long, hard road to impeachment, and difficult to prosecute if it is found impeachment is warranted, especially considering that it is a Republican Congress that you expect to impeach a Republican President.

You can't impeach a President just because you hate him.  There has to be grounds ie; "High Crimes or Misdemeanors".

I fully understand what impeachment is and entails but it seems they are moving towards this fast and I am starting to feel that his republican allies will start to desert him soon

Offline herbhome

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2017, 02:40:30 pm »
Hops,

They did indeed have impeachment proceedings against Clinton for perjury before a grand jury investigation. In the end the vote fell along party lines and he was exonerated.
You are right, Trump has to commit a crime and although the constitution says high crimes and misdemeanors I really doubt any Congress would impeach him for traffic tickets. All those protestors calling for impeachment the week after the election didn't understand how are system works. Many countries allow a vote of "no confidence". I often think it wouldn't be such a bad thing here.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 08:26:23 pm by herbhome »
Neill

Offline Hops Brewster

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2017, 08:13:24 pm »
Hops,

They did indeed have impeachment proceedings against Clinton for perjury before a grand jury investigation. In the end the vote fell along party lines and he was exonerated.
You are right, Trump has to commit a crime and although the constitution says high crimes and misdemeanors I reall doubt any Congress would impeach him for traffic tickets. All those protestors calling for impeachment the week after the election didn't understand how are system works. Many countries allow a vote of "no confidence". I often think it wouldn't be such a bad thing here.
Sorry Herb, you're wrong on this one.  Bill Clinton was impeached by the House of Representatives on two charges, one of perjury and one of obstruction of justice, on December 19, 1998.  Subsequently he was also  disbarred and lost his license to practice law.  Doesn't sound anything like exoneration to me.  Senate refused to prosecute to remove that turd from office.
Winter is coming.

Offline herbhome

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2017, 08:28:41 pm »
Hops,

I apologize for the misunderstanding. He was disbarred but he stayed in office. That's what I meant. The disbarment was irrelevant to him-he was never going to practice law again.
Neill

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Practicing non intervention beekeeping
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2017, 09:10:17 pm »
but it is still a long, hard road to impeachment, and difficult to prosecute if it is found impeachment is warranted, especially considering that it is a Republican Congress that you expect to impeach a Republican President.

The balance can change in less then a couple of years and then he is a dead duck.  People don't like getting fooled and lied to.  He is not dead yet But his presidency is because the lies are surfacing and the fake news label didn't work.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Online sawdstmakr

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2017, 09:19:58 pm »
The only reason he might be in trouble is we have a totall biased media that is against him and congress does not want to give back all the power and money they have taken from us.
"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed.  If you do read the newspaper you are misinformed."--Mark Twain

Offline bwallace23350

• Queen Bee
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2017, 09:18:41 am »
The only reason he might be in trouble is we have a totall biased media that is against him and congress does not want to give back all the power and money they have taken from us.

Our media is very horrible. No one can argue that. They have had it out for him for a year now it seems.

On another note Justin Amash has now called for Trumps impeachment.

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2017, 09:40:12 am »
Must be fake news ... Ha, ha ha ha ha
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Hops Brewster

• House Bee
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2017, 11:17:30 am »
but it is still a long, hard road to impeachment, and difficult to prosecute if it is found impeachment is warranted, especially considering that it is a Republican Congress that you expect to impeach a Republican President.

The balance can change in less then a couple of years and then he is a dead duck.  People don't like getting fooled and lied to.  He is not dead yet But his presidency is because the lies are surfacing and the fake news label didn't work.
Yet the people thoroughly enjoyed getting fooled and lied to during the Clinton years.  They reveled in his scandals, hedonism and crimes for 8 years and longer.  It didn't matter to them that he was under one criminal investigation after another, for he was charismatic and didn't mind young girls asking him about his underwear.  He was impeached and disgraced, but didn't have the morals of a monkey, so disgrace to himself and his wife and his family name became fashionable in Demoratic circles.
Winter is coming.

Online sawdstmakr

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2017, 01:28:09 pm »

Yet the people thoroughly enjoyed getting fooled and lied to during the Clinton years.  They reveled in his scandals, hedonism and crimes for 8 years and longer.  It didn't matter to them that he was under one criminal investigation after another, for he was charismatic and didn't mind young girls asking him about his underwear.  He was impeached and disgraced, but didn't have the morals of a monkey, so disgrace to himself and his wife and his family name became fashionable in Democratic circles.
And the media had/has the morals as he has so it all was OK. Those same morals allow them to make "False News" and it is OK.
Jim
"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed.  If you do read the newspaper you are misinformed."--Mark Twain

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2017, 01:58:09 pm »

Actually Hops I see no difference at all between a republican and a democrat politician.   The only difference is They chose different groups of people to sucker their vote.  Neither has any morals when it comes to attracting a vote.  But when it comes to the person or the competence of the person to hold the presidents position I have seen more past presidents being democrat.  From Kennedy to now the only republican that I thought was fully competent was the older Bush.  Reagan had Nancy to shore him up so he accomplished some good.  Jimmy Carter was my hero.  Probably the only president we had in the stretch that was for the people and country but he did lack the competence to get the job done in the White House.  He accomplished so much more when he got out.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline bwallace23350

• Queen Bee
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2017, 05:36:22 pm »
I have very little trust in our government and have no love for either party. I almost at times wish we had something like the British House of Lords when it functioned and had powers complete with a hereditary aristocrats whose wealth and power was based on the land. In that case they are tied to the area and their fortunes rise and fall with how the country and locality is doing.

Offline Hops Brewster

• House Bee
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2017, 10:38:28 pm »
I see D and R as the 2 smelly ends of the same filthy stick.  But I am most repulsed by the D end.  That end of the stick is buried in pig offal, while the other end is merely used to stir the bull manure.
IMO, The Demorats  believe the government are the Rulers, Republicans believe that the government are the Leaders, and the libertarians believe that the government are our Servants.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 10:59:49 pm by Hops Brewster »
Winter is coming.

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2017, 09:24:35 am »
I think everyone believes what they want to believe regardless of what they are labeled.
BTW the lies are mounting up.  18 more undocumented contacts with the Russians during the elections while the Russians were attacking our elections.  This time the vice president was recorded by video.
They think Obama Care is going to implode?  I thing the White House is going to implode.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Hops Brewster

• House Bee
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2017, 11:54:48 am »
Lies... just goes to show that he's not much better in that regard than any other politician before him.  For what is Business, but a form of Politics?
Winter is coming.

Offline bwallace23350

• Queen Bee
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2017, 11:58:20 am »
Obamacare does seem to be imploding but it is better than the republican alternative. I almost think that it was designed to fail though.

I don't really care how much other administrations do this stuff if Trump gets caught I hope he gets punished. It is high time we started prosecuting our nations greatest criminals/politicians.

Online kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2017, 12:02:04 pm »

yes

Sorry Herb, you're wrong on this one.  Bill Clinton was impeached by the House of Representatives on two charges, one of perjury and one of obstruction of justice, on December 19, 1998.  Subsequently he was also  disbarred and lost his license to practice law.  Doesn't sound anything like exoneration to me.  Senate refused to prosecute to remove that turd from office.

yup   :cheesy:

People don't like getting fooled and lied to.

Seriously??  "if you like your doctor you can keep him/her"  "if you like your plan....."  "it's going to save you money...."
And the best one that most people forget "it's not a tax!!"  except that the reason it made it through the SCOTUS is that the presidents lawyer argued that it WAS a tax and congress had the right to tax....even if they didn't have the right to demand you buy a certain product. 

On another note Justin Amash has now called for Trumps impeachmen

He said it could happen, but he needs to go back and look at the laws.

BTW the lies are mounting up.  18 more undocumented contacts with the Russians during the elections while the Russians were attacking our elections.  This time the vice president was recorded by video.

incoming admins talk to lots of foreign leaders and ambassadors.  they always have.  There is nothing illegal about it.  It is expected. 

What is not expected is something like this yet I bet most don't remember this...can you guess why?

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2015/03/how-barack-obama-undercut-bush-administrations-nuclear-negotiations-with-iran.php

?Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.?

― George Orwell, 1984