Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Silence is Golden  (Read 2138 times)

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
Re: Silence is Golden
« Reply #60 on: May 24, 2017, 07:15:36 pm »
Yes, sir, Ace, and do exactly what Kim Jong-un says 30 days after we do away with the military. Wonderful idea you have there.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline jvalentour

• House Bee
« Reply #61 on: May 25, 2017, 12:16:02 am »
Now eliminate the 54% spent unnecessary on the military that is discretionary and fund health care and then we can all live long happy lives.  It will also not fuel the flames over in the Middle East and maybe we don't need homeland security.  Another huge savings. Ace

From the mind of a simpleton.

Offline beecanbee

• House Bee
« Reply #62 on: May 25, 2017, 04:59:40 am »
...  Now eliminate the 54% spent unnecessary on the military that is discretionary and fund health care ... 

An alternative approach might be to keep military spending level, but significantly increase the social services budget, and of course taxation to cover it.  I am amazed that there is a push to eliminate the US estate/inheritance tax, when it generates so little in taxes, since it is so easy on asset holders. 

Our inheritance taxes kick in at 15% for just $300k and increase to 50% at $3mil. 

Ours is an inheritance tax, paid by the legal recipient, with no limit to the number of such legal recipients, so actually encourages adoptions. 

(What a great way to solve the illegal immigrant issue the US has.   :wink:).
"I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me."  Duncan Vandiver

A boy can do half the work of a man, but two boys do less, and three boys get nothing done at all. :)

(False) Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.  - Samuel Johnson

Offline Acebird

• Super Bee
  • Practicing non intervention beekeeping
« Reply #63 on: May 25, 2017, 09:26:31 am »
I am amazed that there is a push to eliminate the US estate/inheritance tax, when it generates so little in taxes, since it is so easy on asset holders. 

You shouldn't be.  It is just another way of funneling money upwards.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline jvalentour

• House Bee
« Reply #64 on: May 25, 2017, 10:20:26 am »
You mean upwards like this?

Pelosi Subsidies Benefit Husband?s Investment in Dem Mega-Donor?s Company
CEO donated to Pelosi, bundled for Obama, as Dem leader boosted his real estate holdings

You can read about it here.  I can find more stories about Nancy and her corrupt friends if you wish.
http://freebeacon.com/politics/pelosi-subsidies-benefit-husbands-investment-in-dem-mega-donors-company/

Offline jvalentour

• House Bee
« Reply #65 on: May 25, 2017, 10:22:47 am »
Or this...

Corruption Scandals Led to Harry Reid?s Abrupt ?Retirement?

http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2015/03/corruption-scandals-led-to-harry-reids-abrupt-retirement/

Offline jvalentour

• House Bee
« Reply #66 on: May 25, 2017, 10:24:13 am »
or....

Chuck Schumer?s Buddy Faces Charges For Corruption and Bribery

http://eheadlines.com/chuck-schumers-buddy-faces-charges-for-corruption-and-bribery/

Offline beecanbee

• House Bee
« Reply #67 on: May 25, 2017, 11:22:46 am »
Or this...

http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2015/03/corruption-scandals-led-to-harry-reids-abrupt-retirement/

Lol... I scanned back thru JWs articles and don`t believe I saw one exposing a Republican.  Could it be that Republicans never stink, or did I just miss those articles?  Of course that doesn`t make them wrong, but maybe suspect on facts and thus needing to be confirmed.  Just a guess.
"I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me."  Duncan Vandiver

A boy can do half the work of a man, but two boys do less, and three boys get nothing done at all. :)

Offline beecanbee

• House Bee
« Reply #68 on: May 25, 2017, 07:47:59 pm »
Or this...

Lol... I scanned back thru JWs articles and don`t believe I saw one exposing a Republican.  Could it be that Republicans never stink, or did I just miss those articles?  Of course that doesn`t make them wrong, but maybe suspect on facts and thus needing to be confirmed.  Just a guess.

I googled `judicial watch bias` and found a media-bias rating site, and compared JW against The Huffington Post, to see if the site appeared to be non-biased themselves.  IMO, this site checks out.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/judicial-watch/

I have also written to PolitiFact to check on JW`s Harry Reid corruption article, but that would take some time, assuming that they agree to take it up.

Offline jvalentour

• House Bee
« Reply #69 on: May 25, 2017, 10:02:53 pm »
Beecan,
I applaud you for searching both sides of the story.
You can find endless anti Republican stories in the following:  ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, CNBC, CNN...  Nearly 75% of the TV broadcast in the USA.  I recall some organization putting a 94% negative reporting of the major networks against Trump.  I can reference the date if you choose.
None of them fall in the "Least Biased" category in the Media Bias/Fact Checker you so kindly referred to me.
Funny enough, as you would consider Fox biased, as a Conservitive, I would consider AP, Rueters, C-SPAN, Earth Institute, Gallup, Harvard Gazette or anything else Harvard, International Energy Agency, Kaiser Family Foundation, Science Debate, Snopes, Stars and Stripes (but not for the reason you might think), The Jerusalem Post (really?), The Times of India (even more really?), Voice of America (no way), Wikipedia (scrubbed by the wealthy, I mean beltway), World News hardly unbiased, I would think they are left to strong left leaning.  And those are the ones I read. 
So to compare Judicial Watch, I say ehh.  None of the above will cover the JW topics.  Just bias I guess.
Ever hear of George Soros?

Offline jvalentour

• House Bee
« Reply #70 on: May 25, 2017, 10:19:33 pm »
Also from the Media Biased/Fact Checker Headline:

Beyond the CBO score: How Trump Budget and the AHCA are dismantling America?s safety net
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/2017/05/25/beyond-the-cbo-score-how-trump-budget-and-the-ahca-are-dismantling-americas-safety-net/

Of course, an unbiased headline on a fact checker site.

Good day Mr. Beecan

Offline beecanbee

• House Bee
« Reply #71 on: May 26, 2017, 01:07:36 am »
jvalentour, Thanks...

I have no issue with a site being biased (which is good, since it seems most are).  I am more concerned with fake, false, and intentionally misleading ? which most are not, though some get so labeled in the heat of debate.  My list of frequented news sites shows a bias mostly to the R-of-Center, and that is good for me to now know.  I just popped USA-Today to the top, since they and Reuters scored best, and shifted CNN down.  IMO, confirmation bias selection ? only reading news which reinforces ones` own political leanings, needs to be overcome, no matter how painful it may seem.

I enjoy reading the news across the various countries I visited while working ? the US, UK, India, Australia, Singapore, and Canada, but spend most of my time on Japan sources.

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #72 on: May 29, 2017, 08:23:38 pm »
Yes, yes, Kathy.  Now eliminate the 54% spent unnecessary on the military that is discretionary and fund health care and then we can all live long happy lives.

I am curious as to how you think that would work?  China is currently building islands to extend both its military reach and its control of shipping lanes.  Russia is again practicing expansionist policies both by taking land and by accumulating surrogates including Syria and Iran.  They are also reaching into Central America again.

So we get rid of our military and what do you picture countries like China and Russia doing?  Will they say "Oh America gave up its military so we don't need one either"?  What do you think Iran or the NorKs will do?  What about countries like Somalia? 

Do you believe there is either security or prosperity in isolationism? 
?Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.?

― George Orwell, 1984

Offline Acebird

• Super Bee
« Reply #73 on: May 30, 2017, 09:30:32 am »
I think we should not be selling, giving, or trading a blooming thing that is used for military actions around the world.  I think we should be concentrating on defense not aggression.  I believe we have a lot of smart people in this country and we can build a defense system that will make all nuks useless by jamming their guidance systems.  We know when N Korea sets up a missile before they can shoot it off.  We know when it goes off.  Don't tell me we can't render it useless.  Not after putting a man on the moon 30-40 years ago.
I believe we should never "go it along".  Going it alone builds enemies.  Operating as a partner builds allies.
We have become experts at killing people and breaking things.  Unfortunately that doesn't work.  We don't live in the 16th century.

China understands economics.  They don't need war machines to take us over.
Russia is doomed to fail again.  Too much wealth is concentrated at the top.  This is exactly what will be our demise.

What exactly do you have for a solution Kathy?  More killing and breaking things?

Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #74 on: May 30, 2017, 01:05:56 pm »
What exactly do you have for a solution Kathy?  More killing and breaking things?

I probably would be slower to commit troops than some of our past presidents.  If I came to that point, then yes, killing people and breaking things is the fastest way to bring the conflict to an end.  Pissing around the edges gets people killed, costs money, and extends conflict. 

As for "going it alone" we have not done that since the civil war.  We have either done it with coalitions or at the behest of the UN (Korea). Interestingly people often say that ww2 was the last good war.  They say that without really thinking about why that might be true.  WW2 was the last war we committed to winning no matter what.  When you think of all the conflicts since, we were fighting inferior forces and there is no reason we have not had quick and decisive wins...except that we have lacked the will to do what needed to be done to have those wins. Our having, but not using MOAB is an example. 

Can we blow up the NorKs nukes?  Maybe.  I worry less about them than about Iran.  In both cases it is a political failure that they have gotten as far as they have with their programs.   
?Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.?

― George Orwell, 1984

Offline Acebird

• Super Bee
« Reply #75 on: May 30, 2017, 05:31:48 pm »
Our having, but not using MOAB is an example. 

It has already been proven that breaking things doesn't work.  No country is at war with us.  How can bloodshed and breaking things result in anything other than more bloodshed and breaking things with no winner?  You are dreaming to think that anyone will back down from our aggression.

I worry most about the turd in the white house bringing more really bad things to our citizens.  Biggly.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #76 on: May 30, 2017, 11:25:52 pm »
I worry most about the turd in the white house bringing more really bad things to our citizens.  Biggly.

You can blame the last turd for things being in the condition they are now.  The spread of radicalism and the subsequent deaths are on his head. 

Again I ask you what is your vision of a world with no US intervention...details please of how you think that plays out.  And understand, I am not in favor of a lot of our intervention, but I am in favor of people believing that the MOAB hangs over their head.

― George Orwell, 1984

Offline jvalentour

• House Bee
« Reply #77 on: May 31, 2017, 12:36:56 am »

You can blame the last turd for things being in the condition they are now.  The spread of radicalism and the subsequent deaths are on his head. 

Again I ask you what is your vision of a world with no US intervention...details please of how you think that plays out.  And understand, I am not in favor of a lot of our intervention, but I am in favor of people believing that the MOAB hangs over their head.

Kathy, 
We had 8 years of nonintervention and appeasement.  With Iran it worked as a holding action as our EU partners lack a spine and welcome insane immigration.  In the pacific our partners bow to the Chinese currency manipulators to support their declining populations.  A shooting war is inevitable. 
If not with this administration, the next.

Offline beecanbee

• House Bee
« Reply #78 on: May 31, 2017, 05:46:26 am »

Erm... I think it goes back more than one turd....   :smile:

Offline bwallace23350

• Queen Bee
« Reply #79 on: May 31, 2017, 09:23:57 am »
I am amazed that there is a push to eliminate the US estate/inheritance tax, when it generates so little in taxes, since it is so easy on asset holders. 

You shouldn't be.  It is just another way of funneling money upwards.

The money has already been taxed in the holders lifetime so I don't really like it but no one really gets pinched by this tax much unless they are pretty poor in estate planning. YOu can plan around it very well.