Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: House Repealed Obamacare  (Read 1940 times)

Offline bwallace23350

• Queen Bee
House Repealed Obamacare
« on: May 04, 2017, 06:05:40 pm »
What are all thoughts on this?

Offline cidersabuzzin

• House Bee
  • vroom... vroom... but more like phut** phut**!
Re: House Repealed Obamacare
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2017, 06:19:49 pm »
What are all thoughts on this?
Never happen, other lot will stop it! As someone posted a while ago "its here to stay"
Whats good for bees is usually good for mankind. Doesn't that mean sharing?
The Ladies could still teach the Borg a thing or two!....and maybe us too, so long as we don't go too far to the left or right and fall off the edge...

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2017, 08:56:32 pm »
Living in a dream world, are we Cider?
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Practicing non intervention beekeeping
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2017, 08:30:26 am »
Well they had to do something to change the name.  The ACA will now become Trump no care if it passes.  And the american people will see how they like it.  It is going to be an interesting next election that is for sure.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Psparr

• Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2017, 09:21:03 am »
A question for Ace and Cider. Do you feel the ACA was a good law?

Offline gww

• Field Bee
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2017, 11:22:01 am »
psparr
I feel like the ACA was a good law with some flaws that they reconized needed fixed and worked on that were known about even while passing it.  They should work on fixing those flaws and making it better rather then work so hard on dimantaling the parts of it that were good. They also had those that are so intent on dismantling it working in some states to make it fail for 7 years and so of course it worked differrent in places that were embracing it compared to where oraganized attempts were being made to try and make it fail.

However, to the victor goes the spoils.
Cheers
gww

Offline divemaster1963

• Queen Bee
  • God Protect and watch over our sons and daughters.
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2017, 11:33:17 am »
Flaws! ACA is a joke to me. A bad one at that. All my cost have tripled and the cost have tripled. Before they covered my wife and me. Now they are cancelling in network doctors left and right that are within 200 miles of us. We have to now go to Tampa or Richmond va. To a doctor and insurance refuses to pay in network because of the travel miles. Even they are in network on their list due to the miles over 150 from us they refuse to pay.

How is this ACA? This stuff is _rap!

John

Offline Psparr

• Field Bee
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2017, 12:00:56 pm »
But I can keep my doctor, and my premiums will go down $2500. . .  Oh wait.

Offline gww

• Field Bee
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2017, 02:18:31 pm »
psparr
I would wait till after your premiums go down before mentoining it.  You may be counting your chickens before they hatch.  However, just so you know, I do hope it works well for you and others.  I have my doubts and people in my age group seem to be going to take one heck of a hit if you listen to the talking heads that do study it.  I will adjust no matter what happens but will only call it good if that is how it turns out and after it is proven.
Cheers
gww

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2017, 02:37:29 pm »
by the time it goes through reconciliation in the Senate, it will look nothing like this bill.  This was only a partial repeal anyway.  At least it got rid of a lot of the mandates and punishments for not buying in. 

ACA was a disaster.  In a perfect world congress would have just let it fail completely, but then the same people who are screaming about dumping it would be screaming because no one did anything. 

If they don't get more choice in purchasing in there it won't be much help to most of us in cost.  If they can open up the market options, it will bring down cost by way of competition and choice.

Much yet to be seen.
They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline bwallace23350

• Queen Bee
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2017, 02:42:21 pm »
The Senate will not repeal it. The ACA is failing and this bill is even worse than the ACA.

Offline cidersabuzzin

• House Bee
  • vroom... vroom... but more like phut** phut**!
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2017, 02:52:41 pm »
Living in a dream world, are we Cider?
Maybe, as I don't have to live with it! I can understand people being upset when their premiums rise/ benefits reduce but surely it is not beyond the whit of man to come up with a system that is equable to all? First place I would start is the insurance companies, they sound like a leech on everyone. Maybe the issue should be taken out of the hands off the politicians and have respected committee investigate an equitable single payer system. If that happens be prepared for a media war from big insurance and big health care providers. All they see is loss of $$$$$$$ their clients come somewhere down the line! :sad:
Whats good for bees is usually good for mankind. Doesn't that mean sharing?
The Ladies could still teach the Borg a thing or two!....and maybe us too, so long as we don't go too far to the left or right and fall off the edge...

Offline Psparr

• Field Bee
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2017, 03:16:20 pm »
I applied for Obamacare just for bleep and giggles back in 13. With no intention of actually getting it.  I received paperwork in the mail stating I needed to prove my income for 2014!
After a few weeks of trying to get someone on the phone to ask how I could prove something that hadn't even happened yet, I was told to just send a copy of my w2 from 2012!
Anything run by government is a complete disaster.

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2017, 03:39:35 pm »
Maybe the issue should be taken out of the hands off the politicians and have respected committee investigate an equitable single payer system.

I am not sure how you define "equitable".  You don't have an equitable system in the UK.  You have a triaged system with decent basic care and hard to get specialty care...or you buy insurance to cover what you hope will not happen.

There is no system that is fair to all.  a single payer system for a country this size with this kind of diversity, especially after having taken all these refugees and immigrants, is going to be very expensive.  That means the people making any kind of money are going be taxed to death to cover everyone. That 53% of people paying federal taxes will have to carry everyone.  We already carry healthcare for the poor and elderly.  That is not fair.  ACA is not fair.  All of us are paying more to cover mandates and to cover preexisting conditions that must be insured at no extra cost. 

The idea of fairness, no matter where you fall in the income or care spectrum needs to go.  IF we do single payer there are people who will not get good care because they will not be worth the cost.  Kind of like my sisters FIL in the UK who had to wait months for cancer surgery and weeks in hospital for bypass surgery.  At his age, he's not worth much. 

If we are willing to dump the idea of fairness and accept the idea that some of us are going to get taxed to the eyeballs to cover everyone, then yes, we can do single payer and anyone with cash will have to find places to buy healthcare that is actually healthcare.  Another question that needs to be considered:  what are we willing to give up that is not healthcare?  There is only so much money you can take from people.  Will schools suffer, or ?????

What kind of beuracracy does it take to run healthcare for 350 or so million people?  in 2012 the NHS was the 5th largest employer in the world to cover 65 or so million people. 
They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2017, 04:46:13 pm »
You all are so hell bent on getting government out of medical care "because it is taxing you to death" yet you're oky dok about being the "police" of the world.
Medicare and health is 5% of the budget and the military is 54%.  If you cut the military budget by 10% medicare and health would be free.  Now I suppose you are going to tell me there is not 10% waste in the military?  How much does Issis spend to get us to spend 840 million?  I am sure there is 90% waste in the military.
https://www.nationalpriorities.org/analysis/2016/presidents-2017-budget-in-pictures/
Psparr.  I think the ACA is a good idea for a country that is as wealthy as we are.  Unfortunately the swamp animals on all sides turn any bill into what is in it for ME and not what is good for the citizens.  I think our new president is really teaching the swamp on how to do it for the greatest personal gain.  Like they really needed lessons.
None of us have any power other than to change the swamp animals.  The country is divided, clearly divided with both sides only thinking of themselves.  It kinda explains why we have the swamp.

I have always felt that the presidency is a figure head not much different than the King and Queen of England.  As a rule they don't really enact laws.  Laws are created and rescinded by the swamp.  Our former president portrayed our country well and Our present president is making us look like an ass.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Psparr

• Field Bee
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2017, 05:49:32 pm »
" Our former president portrayed our country well"
You are certainly blind to the obvious.

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2017, 08:43:26 pm »
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2017, 08:55:56 pm »
As a rule they don't really enact laws.

By law they don't make laws...unless they do and no one stops them.

Europe has never had a good record of picking our presidents.  As badly as Obama treated Europe I find it hard to believe he's very popular, but I can also believe that Trump is not.  I know that Hillary is not. 
Why do we care?
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2017, 09:48:58 pm »
Why do we care?
Because it could save us 54% or our taxes if they were with us instead of against us.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2017, 10:53:06 pm »
How?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Alexis de Tocqueville