Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Anyone got a good fiction book to recommend?  (Read 10148 times)

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
Re: Anyone got a good fiction book to recommend?
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2017, 01:11:02 pm »
I like Michael Connelly's books.  He has written more about homicide detective Harry Bosch, but also about Lincoln Lawyer Micky Haller, Bosch's half-brother and a few books with both characters.

Barry Eisler's books remind me a little of the Jack Reacher stories, except that John Lone is some kind of assassin.

How many are in that series? I am looking soon to start up something new.

Bump....
23 Harry Bosch, 5 Micky Haller, 2 Jack McEvoy and a bunch of other stuff.  He's very proific.
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2017, 07:57:36 pm »
Both Michael Connelly and Lee Childs have new books out in the past few months.
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline beesharp

• House Bee
    • http://sharptelco.com
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2018, 03:44:22 pm »
My two favorite authors that meld lots of actual facts / history into great stories (similar to Dan Brown):
Steve Berry
James Rollins

Offline jtcmedic

• Field Bee
    • Sweetest sting honey
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2018, 06:41:32 pm »
Going Home: A Novel (The Survivalist Series) By Angry American  a great series from Florida. Also has a guest spot of Mario from d&j apiary from Florida.

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2018, 06:39:54 pm »
My two favorite authors that meld lots of actual facts / history into great stories (similar to Dan Brown):
Steve Berry
James Rollins

Two of my favorites also!
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2022, 08:01:30 am »
Steve Berry
James Rollins

beesharp I will add Elmer Kelton to your described list..

Phillip
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline 1frozenhillbilly

• House Bee
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2022, 04:54:24 am »
i would heartily recommend Jean Auel's earths children series, 7 books and quite thick at that and well worth me getting replacements for the ones that have fallen apart so i can re read the whole series :happy:
vegetarian???  isn't green stuff for growing meat?
I'm now KL4GU general ham

Offline William Bagwell

• House Bee
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2022, 08:43:13 am »
i would heartily recommend Jean Auel's earths children series, 7 books and quite thick at that and well worth me getting replacements for the ones that have fallen apart so i can re read the whole series :happy:

Second this, especially the first two. Never made it past the forth book as I realized they had evolved into a Harlequin romance set in caveman times. No longer my cup of tea...

anything