Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: A Complex $10bn Market By As Early As 2022  (Read 2606 times)

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
A Complex $10bn Market By As Early As 2022
« on: September 19, 2016, 01:15:33 pm »
Robots and drones have already started to quietly transform many aspects of agriculture. Indeed, the IDTechEx Research report on Agricultural Robots and Drones 2016-2026: Technologies, Markets, and Players finds that this is already a $3bn market in 2016, growing to $10bn by as early as 2022
This report analyses how robotic market and technology developments will change the business of agriculture, enabling ultra-precision farming and helping address the key global challenges. It develops a detailed roadmap of how robotic technology will enter into different aspects of agriculture, how it will change the way farming is done and transform its value chain, how it becomes the future of agrochemicals business, and how it will modify the way we design agricultural machinery.
The report provides segmented ten-year market forecasts for at least 14 categories of agricultural robots and drones. It includes detailed technology roadmaps showing how different robotic/drone technologies in different agricultural sectors will evolve. It contains 20 interview-based company profiles together with 120 other company profiles or backgrounds. 
Dairy farms: Thousands of robotic milking parlours have already been installed worldwide, creating a $1.9bn industry that is projected to grow to $8.5bn by 2026. Mobile robots are also already penetrating dairy farms, helping automate tasks such as feed pushing or manure cleaning.
Autonomous tractors: Tractor guidance and autosteer technologies are also going mainstream thanks to improvements and cost reductions in RTK GPS technology. Indeed, more than 300k tractors equipped with autosteer or tractor guidance will be sold in 2016, rising to more than 660k units per year by 2026. Unmanned autonomous tractors have also been technologically demonstrated with large-scale market introduction largely delayed not by technical issues but by regulation, high sensor costs and the lack of farmers? trust. This will all change by 2022 and sales of unmanned or master-slave (e.g. follow me) tractors will reach $200m by 2026.
Agricultural drones: Unmanned remote-controlled helicopters have been spraying rice fields in Japan since early 1990s. Autonomous drones have also been providing detailed aerial maps of farms, enabling farmers to take data-driven site-specific action. This development will soon enter its boom years as regulatory barriers lower and the precision farming ecosystems finally comes together. In time, the drone hardware will become commoditized and value will shift largely to data acquisition and analytics providers. Agriculture will be a major market for drones, reaching $485m in 2026.
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
Re: A Complex $10bn Market By As Early As 2022
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 03:26:05 pm »
Tractor guidance and autosteer technologies are also going mainstream

This was being tested in the 70s

Autonomous drones have also been providing detailed aerial maps of farms, enabling farmers to take data-driven site-specific action

I hear of this as well. The first big hurtle was with the FFA. It's great for a farmer. Imagine pulling into a field that a few hundred acres. Instead of walking or riding a 4 wheeler you put that drone in the air, look at the field from above, identify your troubled areas and treat accordingly. Saves time on surveillance and treatment. Why treat 200 acres when only 10 is needed. Good stuff. I bet they'd have to have a hundred batteries for those things.
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline divemaster1963

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Queen Bee
  • God Protect and watch over our sons and daughters.
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2016, 05:39:58 pm »
Not really. Batteries last about 25-35 mins flight time on the upper end models. 1200- 4000$ ones. Mine on my drone last about 15 mins. Each. I have 10 batteries. Give it five min. Rest between flights.

John

Offline bwallace23350

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2016, 09:25:19 am »
Why do I get the feeling that some people are going to start shooting down low flying drones.

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2016, 12:16:41 am »
I have thought about getting one to check out food plots to see which one I would want to go to.  Or to find where they are laying.

Joe D

anything