Welcome, Guest

Poll

Have you heard of this?

Yes
2 (33.3%)
No
4 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Painting Fence Posts Purple  (Read 2568 times)

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Painting Fence Posts Purple
« on: September 08, 2016, 12:43:41 pm »
My wife just showed me a post on FB that tells of new no trespassing laws that now allow the property owner to just put purple paint on trees and fence posts. It started in Texas and has been adopted in a lot of states including Florida.
It will be great once everyone knows about it.

Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline herbhome

• Field Bee
Re: Painting Fence Posts Purple
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2016, 02:25:06 am »
Purple paint posting has been law in Arkansas for over thirty years. Recently the state has made posting laws even more strict. Any property that is fenced is considered posted and hunters must have written permission to cross that fence. The only exception to that rule that I know of is to retrieve hunting dogs and leave immediately.
Neill

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2016, 08:21:13 am »
It's my understanding in Alabama, all land is posted by law. Even if I told you that you could hunt on my land you would need a written permit to show the game warden.
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2016, 01:48:05 am »
That's the way it is here also.  Never heard of the painting post purple.  Jim, if you start on the outside and work toward the middle you may see something.  I used to carry a 12 gauge pump when I was bush hogging.  Would stop the tractor and catch half grown or smaller rabbits, then take them for the kids to raise.  The fellow that is renting my fields now has gotten up turkeys and has seen where deer have been laying.

Joe D

Offline Jaimes36

• New Bee
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2016, 03:32:49 am »
NC ( Greenville ) purple paint is the equivalent to posted property unless ur registered with the NCDWR in that case purple is no good land has to be posted with orange signs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline bwallace23350

• Super Bee
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2016, 09:25:52 am »
That is good to know GSF. We have a pond off 231 that is visible from the road and it gets abused if we are not very vigilant about it. Peopel we have never seen before will just stop by wanting to fish and I am sure when we are not around do fish. We keep it locked but we all know how that goes.