Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: New member from Eatonville, Washingon  (Read 1762 times)

Offline KG7IL

• New Bee
  • Bees are part of a well rounded Hobby Farm
New member from Eatonville, Washingon
« on: July 05, 2016, 05:40:02 pm »
Hello to everyone. 
Although I wanted bees for years, it was only possible recently.  My wife and I sold our place near Seattle and moved out into the country on 20 acres.  We are enjoying the Hobby Farm,   In addition to the usual cows, goats, chickens ducks, we just added the bees.

We purchased a 5 deep frame Nuc from a local Queen Breeder and were very happy with it.  I'm doing all I can to learn about the pests and good beekeeping procedures.  We winter in Arizona, so the girls will be mostly on their own with an occasional check from my sons and brother in law.

I have a 100 yard range and a 25 yard stop.  Yesterday during our fourth of July Picnic, we had several shooters... and had a great time.
Other interests include Ham Radio, Fishing, Camping, Woodworking, light metal working,    I liked the 2nd Amendment section on this forum!

Again, hello to all.

Offline Rurification

• Field Bee
    • Rurification
Re: New member from Eatonville, Washingon
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 06:42:22 pm »
Welcome to the forum!  Lots of great people here, happy to answer all questions.
Robin Edmundson
www.rurification.com

Beekeeping since 2012

Offline cao

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2016, 12:45:15 am »
Welcome.   :happy:

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2016, 02:12:41 pm »
Welcome, I believe Beemaster is a ham radio operator as well. A ham radio is on my short list of things to get before grid down.

www.goatwisdom.com is a great forum for your goats or you could ask questions in the country life thread.

I also run a firing range. I have almost 40 frying pans and pots hanging from trees and stuck in ant beds (lol). My friends laugh at me until they start shooting and hear the pots and pans ding when they hit them. Mainly 22s is the best thing but we shoot everything behind the house.

Again, welcome, make yourself at home and ask as many questions as you'd like.
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline KeyLargoBees

• Field Bee
    • Pirate Hat Apiary
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2016, 05:25:58 pm »
Welcome to the Family!!
Jeff Wingate

Changes in Latitudes...Changes in Attitudes....are Florida Keys bees more laid back than the rest of the country...only time will tell!!!
piratehatapiary@gmail.com https://www.facebook.com/piratehatapiary

Offline divemaster1963

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Queen Bee
  • God Protect and watch over our sons and daughters.
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2016, 02:30:24 pm »
Welcome to gang. I have several styles of arms. I'm getting ready to start improving my off hand shooting skills sense I injured my right shoulder. So good time to practice it. Neighborhood has a 500 yard range that we all use to site rifles in before hunting season.

John

anything