Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: more baby chicks  (Read 37592 times)

Offline crw13755

• House Bee
more baby chicks
« Reply #60 on: May 18, 2005, 10:36:39 pm »
yea it is odd (thanks for everyones advice and help ) I did all that was advised and then just decided to let them run with the big birds that I have and they just perked up went with the olderones and eating and drinking the formulas you all advised ( I have set several bowls out with them sugar water, apple vinager, quick chik mix, regular water then the eggs, and other foods you all said and now they are doing good I sat outside and watched them run atound with the bigger birds and the geese following them around. I am happy with that it was kinda sad for me to just watch them pass like that but I didnt do anything different than I did with the first batch till I thought well if they were going to pass least let them run and have fun for that small time you know

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
more baby chicks
« Reply #61 on: May 20, 2005, 12:15:11 am »
I am so glad that that was taken care of, few :D
Ryan Horn

Offline crw13755

• House Bee
more baby chicks
« Reply #62 on: May 20, 2005, 05:21:32 pm »
well sofar so good all are fine and running around the old well house doing great yippie. I got the idea from Jerry about the aquarium in front of his hives so I was thinking and saw that the bees were hanging around the bird bath for water well to kill 2 birds with one stone since I now have my weeder geese (I love them so lol) so I got an old huge round horse water tank that I had around here filled with water, plants , cement blocks , got some old round wire that I used for the tomato plants set them all in there put 2 large plants with flowers in the wire racks got a large water pan for the 3rd rack filled with water and a brick (for bees to land on, got some old med. branches run them through the wire racks for birds to land and perch on and the bees, then made a ramp and a small dock for the geese to go up and down to get in the tank easy and all this is located 15 feet from my hives and then planted rose bushes around the tank (and yes in Texas have to have yellow roses LOLL)

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
more baby chicks
« Reply #63 on: May 20, 2005, 09:14:29 pm »
Sounds like someone was bussy today :D
Ryan Horn

Offline crw13755

• House Bee
more baby chicks
« Reply #64 on: May 20, 2005, 09:42:49 pm »
yep been busy for last several days with the great weather and all

anything