Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: image shack 500 error  (Read 4599 times)

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
image shack 500 error
« on: January 31, 2008, 08:37:56 pm »
I am guessing that the issue is with image shack but on occasion when I do a reply I see 500 Internal Server Error where the image shack hosting box should be.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
Re: image shack 500 error
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 08:38:45 pm »
I can't tell you how many times pictures posted on Imageshack either load extremely slowly or not at all for me.   :-x

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 10:01:07 am »
That Imageshack is certainly an odd one.  I used to have such terrible times with it, taking forever to load the pictures, like you said Ann.  Since I have had the new network card on my vista, Imageshack loads the pics within seconds, it is not the frustrating program that it used to be, I would get so tired of waiting most times, that I didn't bother to post any pictures for awhile.  But, all is well.  Hmmmm...strange eh?  Have a wonderful, great day, gotta be lovin' this life we live.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2008, 10:06:19 am »
I believe part of the problem I had with imageshack is that I needed to allow pop-ups, after that things have gone well except for possibly a few files. I also resized the images my new camera takes so that they were more loadable.

......JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2008, 10:14:05 am »
JP, oh ya, forgot about that one.  When I have worked in imageshack before, if the images were too large (say in the MB size not kb size) it would take forever to load the image or not even load it.  I wonder if that is what some people are doing that have issues with imageshack taking so long to load.

When I resize my images using VSO, the size of the resized image is always under 100 kb, they load within seconds, all my pictures in my folders I have for internet use are under 100 kb (or maybe 112 kb), they are copies of the pictures that sit on my computer because I like to keep the original in the larger MB size (3.2 MB or something like that, clear images).  Have a great and wonderful day, love our life we live. Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2008, 10:41:49 am »
Have to allow pop-ups, huh?  Nah, I don't think so  :roll:  This is why I host my own photos, no one has to deal with any of that malarkey!  Oh well....