7 (15.6%)
No pets
4 (8.9%)
Rodent(s)
1 (2.2%)
Farm Animal(s)
9 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: What animals do we all have (or have us)?  (Read 16786 times)

Offline BigRog

• House Bee
What animals do we all have (or have us)?
« on: July 02, 2004, 12:35:33 am »
I presently am owned by two cats and Some Afican Chiclids (Tropical Fish)

This is Bullseye A very cute little cat who follows me around. I am Her Human

This is Roni, a very smart fat tom, a bit of a bully. Both cats fetch

My Fish Tank African Chiclids, Easy to care for, hardy and colorful

And finally Midnight, my loyal faithfull friend, she loved to go backbacking. She died three and a half years ago.
"Lurch my good man,…what did you mean when you said just now that 'You've got better things to do than run my petty little errands'…….?"

Offline Queen Bee

• House Bee
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2004, 12:45:57 am »
Hi Bigrog,

I have seven dogs! One 'pleasantly plump' female dachshund(Dixie), one male Brittany(Buckshot), one female boxer mix(Daisy), two part lab(Jake and Lily) and two part Fist/Jack Russels (Rosebud and Spanky).  We had a male doxie (Rebel) that died in Aug. 03 an we still tear up when we talk about him... He had more personality and sense that most children do!
sure do miss that little rascel...

Offline BigRog

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2004, 01:06:22 am »
Great :)

Got
 Pics?
"Lurch my good man,…what did you mean when you said just now that 'You've got better things to do than run my petty little errands'…….?"

Offline buzz

• House Bee
    • My home page... nothing much
Cody and Reba
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2004, 01:17:05 am »
I have 2 dogs.

This is Cody. He's a gentle giant except when it comes to food. He's 4 years old.

And this is Reba. She is a former Guide Dog in Training from Guide Dogs of America. The only reason the failed, is she's just to sweet! She loves to swim (unlike Cody). She's 1 1/2 years old.
Scott
----------
"If you have no money and you have few possessions, if you have a dog you are still rich"
----------
"Forgiveness is easier to get than permission"

Offline Lesli

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2004, 08:35:37 am »
That's Max, to the left, my Lab/Mastiff mix. He came from the SPCA about 3 years ago as an adult. I was lucky enough to find his vet (small town here), and they said they begged his owner not to give him to the shelter. In fact, several people in the office were considering adopting him. Apparently, his owner's "life changed," whatever that means. I suspect a man in her life who didn't like Max, or something similar.

I also have four cats, all either from the SPCA or rescued from the local area. A negative about living in the country is that people will drop off cats and kittens.  Three of them are snuggly. One is kind of a lump--"Fat Abby," as she's known, poor thing.

I joke that we all have a job in the house: I provide home and food, Max protects all of us from things that go bump in the night, and the kitties keep mice at bay in this 150-year-old house with its fieldstone foundation.

By and large, we're a happy interspecies family.
Lesli

Offline Beth Kirkley

• House Bee
    • http://www.petfinder.org/shelters/GA216.html
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2004, 05:18:03 pm »
I have so many animals, where do I start?

I've got 3 dogs - Prince, a 10 year old golden retriever that I bought from a breeder when he was a puppy - Caesar, a 5 year old flat-coated retriever I got from a shelter I worked at - Maisy, a 4 year old hound shepherd mix from the same shelter - and the last dog in the picture is Tiko. He was my daughter's dog, a little black terrier mix, that recently was killed when he got out and chased a car.

Then we have 4 cats, all black (they're not unlucky one bit) - Mama Cat & her son Pipin, they were found at the trash dump 3 years ago, they look exactly alike (black with a touch of white on the chest). The picture of them was taken back when I found them, so Pipin is not so little anymore. They live outside, only because they hate it inside. Then there's Cookie & Ailene, brother and sister out of a litter of 4 that was abandoned at the police station. I bottle fed them, but only found homes for the two "prettier" ones. :) Cookie adores Chad and has him fully trained. I think he's part persian - long beautiful hair, and very prissy for a boy. Ailene is spoiled, has everyone in the house trained, and loves to play pranks. They live inside, UNLESS they go tell Chad how mean I am because I won't open the door. :)  (And yes, we talk to them & they talk to us. I can tell when they're telling stories about me.)

Then there are the squirrels! I brought them home when they were very young, and didn't have their eyes open yet. I think they're about 6 months old now. I did have them in a large cage in the house, but they needed more space. I now have them in a cage that's 3 feet around, and 8 feet tall, under a big oak tree. I'll release them on the other side of the pond this fall.

This picture is of one when it was little. That's my daughter Catherine in the picture also. She's always been a big help taking care of any bottle babies we get.

This is a picture of them in the outside cage. They can't be held now. After they stopped being bottle fed, I quit holding them so they would be able to live in the wild without being too tame. They'll greet you in their cage, but if you put your hand in they just might taste a finger. :) And there is no way you can grab one.....it'll bite hard then.

Lastly, we have ducks. I don't have any pictures of them. But we just have 6 little mallards on the pond - 5 female & 1 male.

We also have 3 ten gallon tanks with just basic fish - some tetra, swordtail, and a beta.

Beth

Offline Kris^

• Field Bee
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2004, 12:20:54 am »
Here's our Izzy (Isabel):

Cute then, but she's about a year older now.  We also have a 30 gallon tank of fishes: kissy fish, angel fish, silver dollars, algae suckers and some smaller tetras and neons.

-- Kris

Offline Bee Boy

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2004, 03:03:29 pm »
Hey what should we put down if we have a bird, dog, and fish :wink: ?
Bee Boy

Offline BigRog

• House Bee
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2004, 08:28:51 pm »
Pick one and post some pictures!

Offline Bee Boy

• House Bee
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2004, 11:24:09 pm »
Can't I'm on vacation, in Florida. Hundreds of miles from home :P

If I remember I'll do it when I get back.
Bee Boy

Offline leominsterbeeman

• House Bee
    • http://www.leominsterbeeman.com
Petz
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2004, 09:18:26 pm »
I have two cats...  pictures forthcoming.

Also, two fish are living in my tank.

87,000 Bees.
Michael Keane
leominsterbeeman@comcast.net
http://www.leominsterbeeman.com

Offline Hilltop

• New Bee
my pets
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2004, 04:35:49 pm »
Bee Good

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2004, 06:08:36 pm »
the only animal im owned by is my WIFE !!!!!!!! meanest animal i have ever seen
THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 MONTHS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic

Offline jayj200

• Queen Bee
Re: What animals do we all have (or have us)?
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2014, 07:44:30 pm »
wheres the bees?
jay

Offline tefer2

• Super Bee
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2014, 08:53:09 pm »
jay, this thread is from 2004..... ten years old!
Why don't you start a new one?

Offline stanisr

• House Bee
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2014, 11:07:46 am »
I have cattle, bees, and a dog. But the poll would only let me pick one.
Rick

Offline Edgy

• House Bee
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2014, 01:59:09 am »
I am down to one dwarf goat thanks to the black bear that ate the other one!  But I gained a very nice bear rug and some of the best tasting meat you'll ever have the pleasure.

Offline pioneerbees

• Brood
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2014, 05:44:58 pm »
I needed to be able to choose more than one option in that poll! :)

I have cows, horses, cats, dogs, chickens, peafowl, a donkey, a bunny, bees...fish...a pig (atm)... in generally larger than normal quantities.  :-D

oops! and goats

Offline madhen

• New Bee
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2014, 11:47:37 am »
I tried to respond to the poll, but it only allows for one checkmark, and I pretty much have them all.  :)

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2014, 02:09:33 pm »
I also needed to be able to choose more than one option in that poll!
Jim

Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline 1frozenhillbilly

• House Bee
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2014, 02:04:59 pm »
I'm down to just my yellow lab Chica. she wqas abandoned at a neighbors as a puppy and somebody somebody threw away a pure delight their loss my gain!!
vegetarian???  isn't green stuff for growing meat?
I'm now KL4GU general ham

Offline jayj200

• Queen Bee
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2014, 10:35:49 am »

Here Here

Offline jayj200

• Queen Bee
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2014, 10:20:38 am »

yup here too

Offline OzarksFarmGirl

• New Bee
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2014, 04:26:38 pm »
Just down to the dogs, goats, chickens, turkeys (they act more like big feathered puppies), rabbits and quail.  Used to have bigger stock (equine and swine), as well as various reptiles and pocket pets like hedgehogs, cavies, hamsters, gerbils, mice and rats. And may have again someday, just not right now.   

Offline jayj200

• Queen Bee
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2014, 07:55:16 pm »
What about a the wildlife here they have you too

rats mice Cuban lizards Iguanas blacksnakes a few corals (they die) automatically on sight
hawks, doves, bobwhites and the occasional kid (human)

Offline Eric Bosworth

• Field Bee
  • I love New York... I hate the government.
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2014, 08:05:24 am »
Ok... I used to have a chocolate lab named Crunch. 16 months ago I had to put her down. She was a great dog we miss her. My wife made the comment that she fell in love with Crunch before me. I always knew she was a chick magnet. When my wife and I were dating we got Ella Beast... She is a German Shorthaired Pointer. She is a redneck show queen. Unfortunatly she is gunshy. She is a great bird dog if I leave my gun home. When Crunch died I got Gunner. He is another GSP. He is proving to be a good bird dog.
This was Gunner last fall at 4 months.

This was Ella at 5 months on point. I released quail to train her.

A week ago Ella was attacked be the neighbor's dog. She gets her stitches out this morning. If you want to pay a fortune in vet bills I can recommend a place. Unfortunately on a Sunday afternoon I didn't have the option of my regular vet. $932 to cut off a flap of skin and sew her back together.

Lastly my wife came with a black rodenticide named Salem after the MA town known for witches. I am not much of a cat person but he does earn his keep.
All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns; that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party. ---Mao Tse Tung

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. ---Benjamin Franklin

Offline krista45036

• New Bee
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2014, 10:30:15 am »
german shepherds, horse, pony, fish.
barn cats used to live here, but the coyotes have cleaned them out

Offline hjon71

• Queen Bee
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2014, 02:59:39 pm »
I have bees. That's it.
Quite difficult matters can be explained even to a slow-witted man, if only he has not already adopted a wrong opinion about them; but the simplest things cannot be made clear even to a very intelligent man if he is firmly persuaded that he already knows, and knows indubitably, the truth of the matter under consideration. -Leo Tolstoy

Offline Eric Bosworth

• Field Bee
  • I love New York... I hate the government.
Re: Re: What animals do we all have (or have us)?
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2014, 08:47:48 am »
I have bees. That's it.
Oh yeah... I have bees as well...
All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns; that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party. ---Mao Tse Tung

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. ---Benjamin Franklin