Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: This Halloween's SCARY MOVIE PICKS  (Read 1924 times)

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
This Halloween's SCARY MOVIE PICKS
« on: October 13, 2014, 01:02:14 pm »
I've been hitting the movies heavy, lots of scary ones in 2013-2014. I can't remember a year with more releases. Most are on DVD or rent now, so if you need that bit of fright in you cool crisp October air, it might be time for a bowl of popcorn and turn down the lights.

My pick for No.1 is THE CONJURING which is a well done, well acted and beautifully filmed modern masterpiece. Maybe that is a bit strong, but compared to almost anything in years, this out weighs all competition.

Simple plot, with no spoilers: it is a haunted house movie, based on the records of actual paranormal investigators who I have listened to over the years on shows like Coasttocoastam with George Noory and previously Art Bell. A very believable couple to hear recollect their experiences.

This haunting takes place in a house with a husband, wife and four daughters - not exactly their dream home and the house needs more that TLC as it has been all but abandoned for a long long time.

I'll leave it at that except to say it is a part of films that start as Insidious parts 1&2 and continue with the recent release of Annabelle. The Insidious movies (interestingly starring the actors playing paranormal couple, but just being regular parents with several kids) but Insidious 2 is a pretty good film on its own. I hear terrible things about Annebelle, it gets a 23 on Rotten Tomatoes splat meter.

But as a stand alone movie, I give "The Conjuring" my choice for this Halloween.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: This Halloween's SCARY MOVIE PICKS
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 05:32:37 pm »
i wish scary movies got to me.  they just don't, and it takes some of the fun out of watching them.  The Exorcist was probably the last one that scared me.  maybe the first Saw just a bit.  i do like them. 
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.