Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Mountain Camp w/soy  (Read 1397 times)

Offline PeeVee

• House Bee
Mountain Camp w/soy
« on: December 11, 2011, 09:27:16 am »
In all I've read concerning feeding various patties and dry feed I don't remember a referance to possibly mixing some soy flour in with dry sugar for Winter emergency rations.

Has anyone previously read anything of that?

-Paul VanSlyke - Cheers from Deposit,NY

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
Re: Mountain Camp w/soy
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 10:47:29 am »
Not only do they not need solid food during winter, it will lead to dysentery.  I would not add anything to it.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline PeeVee

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 08:06:10 pm »
Thanks for the reply Michael. Yeah, I should have known that - just had a weak brain moment I guess :roll:

But now that the thought and reply is out in the open, maybe knowledge has been passed.
-Paul VanSlyke - Cheers from Deposit,NY

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 08:45:31 pm »
You don't seem to be the only one obsessed by the idea... I've seen several recent posts by people wanting to mix it with the syrup, or a candy board etc... and even the people who came up with the "Tuscon Diet", but I just think it's a bad idea.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2011, 10:19:02 pm »
**or a candy board etc... and even the people who came up with the "Tuscon Diet",**

this has great promise for areas with small hive beetle

PEEVEE;when the time of year is working in your favor and you are going to supplement
 try to feed a more balanced feed(than just soy)-the* tuscon diet*-would be a more complete nutrition-- :)   RDY-B