Welcome, Guest

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Bill I was mixed up. It was the cabbage palm I was thinking of. I have nine of the three in my area that I am aware of. (canola, cabbage palm, or palomino).

Phillip
FARMING & COUNTRY LIFE / Re: Laser projects
« Last post by animal on Today at 11:10:27 am »
Thanks for the tip. I wish I could, but I have one more year of being broke to go... The youngest just finished up her classes, but is required to do a year of internship at a hospital before she'll be making her own money ...

unless I can figure out a way that a laser engraver could help her in her internship ... hmmm   :cheesy:

been putting off having a dro and steppers put on my milling machine for years now too.  :sad:

for now, I have to be content seeing yours and Lesgold's projects, and stacking the ideas for later.
WEB VIDEOS / Re: Paul Harvey; News and Comments 1987
« Last post by Terri Yaki on Today at 10:52:47 am »
Karmella Harrass interview:

https://youtu.be/xmBWk_7jdAQ

Sal
That guy does crack me up. He looks like Danny Bonaducci.
I dont know anything about canola. I havnt had a problem with palmetto setting up, normally as a stand alone it is wet, prone to fermentation But not as bad as the cabbage palm. The first boxes that normally overlap the Gallberry, are a good mix but kinda takes the Ill call it "bite" out of the gallberry. Its the cabbage palm that ferments bad due to the yeast thats harbored in the flower bundle (or so im told)
Bees are starting to work on the Chinese Tallow. Ben, Palmetto blooms with Gallberry and Tupelo. Both of them do not crystallize very much. I have had jars of this honey on the shelf for 5 years and not crystalize.
Bill pulls his honey trying to get purer flower flows so he might know.
Jim Altmiller
FARMING & COUNTRY LIFE / Re: Tornado hit yesterday
« Last post by BeeMaster2 on Today at 08:24:23 am »
Power came back on last night about 9:00. I?m glad that?s on, we?re getting back to normal.
Jim Altmiller
Terri,
Bees use that condensation as a water source during cond weather to dilute the honey. It is not a bad thing.
Jim Altmiller
FARMING & COUNTRY LIFE / Re: Tornado hit yesterday
« Last post by BeeMaster2 on Today at 08:05:42 am »
Thanks Occam.
Appreciate that Ben.
Jim Altmiller
FARMING & COUNTRY LIFE / Re: Laser projects
« Last post by BeeMaster2 on Today at 07:58:53 am »
Animal if you want to get the Falcon 2 22 watt laser, right now it is on sale for $519 Directly from Creality. Normally around $900. It comes on Amazon for approximately $850. If you order it you will also need the honey comb base that goes under the laser and a ducted cover to exhaust the fumes out a window.
Jim Altmiller
Have a look at some research done by Dr. Kamran Fakhimzadeh of the Florida University. He actually looked at this and you should be able to find some answers from what showed up in his experiments.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10