Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Jeff Cooper's humor  (Read 3055 times)

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
Jeff Cooper's humor
« on: March 24, 2015, 07:29:09 pm »
Jeff Cooper told about a dinner party where the subject of guns came up.  A man said he always had a firearm readily available and a woman from England repeatedly objected this was dangerous with children around.  Intending to put her down without being insulting, he responded with something like "Not in my home.  My kids won't fool with my guns.  They all have their own."

She was, of course dumbstruck.
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Online Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
Re: Jeff Cooper's humor
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 01:06:16 pm »
"Remember the first rule of gunfighting ... have a gun."--Jeff Cooper

"One bleeding-heart type asked me in a recent interview if I did not agree that 'violence begets violence.' I told him that it is my earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure ? and in some cases I have ? that any man who offers violence to his fellow citizen begets a whole lot more in return than he can enjoy."--Jeff Cooper

My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin