Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Cell Phones and MIA Bees?  (Read 1799 times)

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
Re: Cell Phones and MIA Bees?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2007, 01:54:44 am »
I received this in a wire and I was going to post it but than I read it. And I started researching the scientists. I sent a copy of it to Dennis and a few others so I get an informed opinion. I didn't want to post it without it.

But since you posted it I will go with what I know for certian.
1. MAAREC has already said inthe FAQ that Cell phone towers are not an issue because there are apiaries affect by CCD that are nowhere near one.
2. None of the scientist quoted in the article are working with a CCD research team. Dr. Carlo or Kuhn aren't associated with a CCD research team.
3. While Dr. Carlo is a pathologist and epidemologist. He has no studies in Entemology.
4. My german sucks so I am not certain as to the degrees Dr. Kuhn.

I consider this a FUD piece(Fear Uncertainty Doubt). When I have more information I will follow up.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Cell Phones and MIA Bees?
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 05:50:14 pm »
i will dump it in the man made global warming pile  :-)

on a more serious note.  one of the big beekeepers around here leased part of his land for a cell tower and on another piece of land he has power lines running across.  if either were the cause of CCD, he'd have lost all his bees long ago!
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

anything