Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: This is an unbelievable story about draconian gun laws in NJ  (Read 11150 times)

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
Re: This is an unbelievable story about draconian gun laws in NJ
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2015, 04:26:51 pm »
So did they return the non-gun, or did the cop keep it to hang on his wall?

And how much did his poor guy have to spend on a lawyer to defend this case that was no case at all?
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline troutstalker2

• House Bee
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2015, 12:50:37 pm »

This is why I don't live in New Jersey.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2015, 08:22:02 am »

This is why I don't live in New Jersey.

This is why I would never live in NJ.
I was born in NJ, not my choice, but I try to avoid ever driving across NJ.
If more people left the state, maybe they would wake up and change their laws. Then again, maybe not.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2015, 08:52:02 am »
Years ago, back in the 90's, while still in the Navy, I had a police officer come and talk to the sailors in my department about driving safety over the Christmas holidays. Afterwards during the Q&A, the question came up about being able to have a handgun in the glove compartment. When the officer said it was legal here in Florida, one sailor asked, Loaded? The officers reply was, of course, what good is it if it is not loaded.
That is why I live in Florida.
Florida not only made it easier to have a concealed carry, about 5 years ago the made it illegal for employers to stop you from having a weapon in your car in their parking lots. Many of the companies thought it was their right to search for and if found, you were fired if they found one.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline jayj200

• Queen Bee
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2015, 09:59:39 am »
Jay, what do you think of Jeb Bush?  Go ahead and be blunt.  Was he a good governor? 

I'm done with senators as presidential material.  I think that goes for Congressmen, as well (which would eliminate several like Ryan looking at the race.  Obuma should teach everybody a lesson.  Governors at least have experience in the executive branch.  Rick Perry was a good governor of Texas, but Texas governors have very little real power (and Perry has his well-known baggage).   In Texas, the lieutenant governor carries the power, but not the prestige. 

I want to believe bush is no where Many Floridans do not like this man. he is progressive. he likes comman core. many things do not fit
I will NEVER AGAIN KNOWINGLY VOTE FOR a democrat for the rest of my life

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2015, 03:21:31 pm »
>I don't recall which state it was reported, police were scanning plates of out of state cars.  Police would pull over cars whose owners were registered CC in their home state.  No cause given to drivers for pulling them over or search of their car.  I think it was Maryland or NJ.  Major legal problems for the out of state driver.

Sounds like legal problems for the states doing this.  What is their probable cause for stopping them?  For searching them?  The fact that they are obeying the laws in their own state is not probable cause to assume they are criminals.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2015, 03:44:52 pm »
"Sounds like legal problems for the states doing this.  What is their probable cause for stopping them?  For searching them?  The fact that they are obeying the laws in their own state is not probable cause to assume they are criminals."

MB, if you're from Florida, let's say, and you're driving to Maine on vacation and you're stopped and harassed in NJ (i think it was), it's unlikely you'll go back to NJ to sue them.  There are some who would, but after being worked over financially by those guys, most of us would just go home and lick our wounds.  That's what they count on, anyway.  That being said, the time to give them a hard time is when they ask permission to search and you say, "why certainly, officer, as soon as you show me your search warrant." 

It's unbelievable how many idiots that are carrying contraband will actually consent to a search of their cars. 
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2015, 05:14:03 pm »
>MB, if you're from Florida, let's say, and you're driving to Maine on vacation and you're stopped and harassed in NJ (i think it was), it's unlikely you'll go back to NJ to sue them.

You are right, of course.  But I probably would...

>That being said, the time to give them a hard time is when they ask permission to search and you say, "why certainly, officer, as soon as you show me your search warrant." 

Agreed. 
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline gww

• Super Bee
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2015, 08:40:37 pm »
I will NEVER AGAIN KNOWINGLY VOTE FOR a democrat for the rest of my life
I will never again knowingly vote for a republican in my life.  I don't like "voting for any of them"  but never a republican.
gww

Some democrats voted for conceal and carry in Mo.

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2015, 12:10:30 am »
Okay, then.  Don't vote.  Let others decide who will rule your life.  Sheeple will decide for you.

Offline gww

• Super Bee
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2015, 11:59:30 am »
Okay, then.  Don't vote.  Let others decide who will rule your life.  Sheeple will decide for you.

I will decide, I just won't like my decision very well.
gww

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2015, 04:09:47 pm »
I really have to mention two things here:

1) NJ does not recognize  any other states gun license and obviously CC permit, with the exception that you apply at least six months in advanced for an "In State Pass" which still does not all you to carry - you are restricted to the laws of residents: weapons stowed away from ammo in sealed cases in the trunk of your vehicle or in LOCKED boxes (not including your glove box) with no magazines or loaded cylinders and as far from the driver as possible.

2) Tell me how I can win in the voting booth if my wife votes for the opposite candidate that I do? we just cancel each other out. We may agree on the "Issues" part of the vote, but candidates are never the same ALTHOUGH neither of have strong party affiliations. The only thing worse than one wasted vote is TWO wasted votes.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.