BEEKEEPING LEARNING CENTER > GENERAL BEEKEEPING - MAIN POSTING FORUM.

Washing Boarding; MYSTERY?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Ben Framed:
I found this interesting article on Bee Culture concerning the matter from October 31, 2018

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjZz6XOh7D5AhVjomoFHXjeATc4ChAWegQIAhAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.beeculture.com%2Fbeeyard-thoughts-observations-and-updates-7%2F&usg=AOvVaw0rP_cUyxRsobNAQUdK1xVP

Bob Wilson:
Michael,
We are right in the middle of our middle Georgia, mid-summer dearth, and they are washing away.
Sometimes they seem so evenly spaced between themselves, it looks like a regimented marching band, moving up and down, up and down...

TheHoneyPump:
I feel shorted.  In all my years walking around small hives and absolutely massive hives I cannot say that I have ever seen rows-N-rows of bees washboarding.  Maybe 10-20 bees observed here or there when really looking hard for them, but even then rarely.  I never have real life seen the dance troops portrayed in pictures or described in articles.  What am I doing wrong?  How do I get my bees to washboard properly?

Ben Framed:

--- Quote from: TheHoneyPump on August 06, 2022, 03:17:08 am ---I feel shorted.  In all my years walking around small hives and absolutely massive hives I cannot say that I have ever seen rows-N-rows of bees washboarding.  Maybe 10-20 bees observed here or there when really looking hard for them, but even then rarely.  I never have real life seen the dance troops portrayed in pictures or described in articles.  What am I doing wrong?  How do I get my bees to washboard properly?

--- End quote ---

Mr HoneyPump,
Could it be location along with conditions associated with location? Bob is in the hot Deep South, while of corse, you are in the Far North. (I do not know really), 🤷 just a guess in an attempt to help answer your questions.
Who knows, perhaps this you have brought to light may be a clue to help unfold the mysterious questions of washboarding?

Phillip

Bob Wilson:
HoneyPump
Its all about the music. I pipe marching band tunes out to speakers near by for their listening pleasure. Doesn't everyone?  :wink:
I will count them later today.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version