BEEKEEPING LEARNING CENTER > GENERAL BEEKEEPING - MAIN POSTING FORUM.

What did you do in your Apiary/Bee yard today?

<< < (62/138) > >>

The15thMember:

--- Quote from: TheHoneyPump on September 20, 2022, 01:11:44 am ---Picked up hives eaten by bear.
Went back later and confronted bear in person.

--- End quote ---
What!!  :shocked:  How did I miss this post?!  What happened then??!!

BeeMaster2:
Same question. I also missed this post.
Jim Altmiller

Bill Murray:
Made up fall nucs off of 3 frame double screened bottom board (I dont call them splits, I call them cut outs, because thats what I do cut out 3 frames and let them raise a Queen), started feeding hives that were not in areas where goldenrod was flowering.

G3farms:
Did the second round of apiguard. I like to do 25 mg two times a week apart and then do 50 mg for two weeks. Seems like the SHB do not like the apiguard. Not sure where they went to, but sure don't see as many as last week.

Did the first round last week and was surprised to find two shallow supers with capped comb honey, Just about sold it all out already.

Lesgold:
We?ve had a week of wet and windy weather and four more days of rain to follow. Haven?t had any of the hives swarm on me this spring but there are times when the beekeeper can?t do much to prevent it. I reckon the first sunny day will have bees abandoning their old homes and I won?t be able to anything to stop it. I will slosh through the mud a bit later and get down to the shed and make up a few swarm boxes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version