Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Who's watching what? New shows.  (Read 4733 times)

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Who's watching what? New shows.
« on: October 07, 2016, 01:11:01 am »
Just watched 1st episode of Aftermath.  It has potential.  Also watched 1st episode of Designated Survivor.  I hear they go off on a political bender in the 2nd....so....

Have recorded a bunch of new stuff that I have not gotten to yet.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline bwallace23350

• Super Bee
Re: Who's watching what? New shows.
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2016, 06:04:13 pm »
I am going through Last Man Standing on Netflix right now. I am on Season 5.

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2016, 09:32:55 pm »
I am going through Last Man Standing on Netflix right now. I am on Season 5.

Great show!

I just watched the 1st 2 episodes of Bull on CBS.  It has promise.  Also watched the 1st episode of Westworld on HBO.  Great cast. 
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline bwallace23350

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2016, 08:02:38 am »
I started Ranch last night on Netflix. It has potential but is a little corny

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2016, 06:11:20 pm »
I don't know if you like British shows, but Netflix has some good ones.  "Death in Paradise" is a good series.  "Ripper Street" is good.  There's a Canadian show "Murdoch Mysteries" that I like.  Oh, and there's like 17 seasons of "Midsomer Murders" on there too.   :cheesy:

Offline gww

• Super Bee
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2016, 09:25:00 pm »
I only have an antena tv.  Believe me nothing new there.  I guess I am stuck with zane gray theater and anything from the 70s.
Cheers
gww

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2016, 10:46:36 pm »
Cable and satellite are expensive.  Netflix, Amazon, and Hulu give you lots of choices at a much lower choice and you can watch them on your computer, phone, or tablet.  There are some things about modern life that are kind of cool.   :wink:

Offline gww

• Super Bee
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2016, 11:13:28 pm »
When I first retired I went a year without an internet connection.  When I got it back I was like a junkie getting a fix.  Dad has satalite and watches news all day.  My brother has roku and gets no news that I know of and I have an antena.  Talking about modern sociaty.  I must say that I don't know how we got by when I was young with out air conditioning.  I spent the hottest two plus months in mister lazyboy.  Good programing would have been handy then.  Since I am too cheep to get good programing, I have more time to pick on you guys :smile:.
Cheers
gww

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2016, 11:22:05 pm »
Since I am too cheep to get good programing, I have more time to pick on you guys

Lol.  Get a streaming service and you can do both at once and never leave your chair!  I think I pay 10 dollars a month for Netflix.

Offline gww

• Super Bee
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2016, 12:04:52 am »
Kathy
Right now I have hughsnet internet and limited data and so movies are out of the question.
I need to get out of the chair anyway.  I go through spells.  I just don't seem to do as well as I should in the 95 degree stuff and that was extended this year in my opinion.  The minute it cooled down a bit I started moving a little more and then just getting advice from poeple smarter then me on forums like this on my projects substains me.

I built a warre hive over the last three days.  I had no intention of taking your thread so far off subject but it was nice talking to you.
gww

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2016, 09:03:06 pm »
 :wink:  You can take it where ever you want.  threads seem to wander.

Offline bwallace23350

• Super Bee
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2016, 07:45:40 am »
I have enjoyed British Comedies in the past. Thanks I will check them out

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2016, 03:54:39 pm »
Kathy, any update on aftermath? I've been looking at the reviews and they all say disaster of a show with bad actors.
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2016, 09:37:51 pm »
It's OK.  If it gets canceled I probably won't cry, but it has possibilities.  they cast Anne Heche as co-lead and she's not a good fit for the role I don't think.  She plays a kind of butch former military mom bit, but they cast her as former AF and so it's not very believable.  She misses on the mother bit some too.

It's only 3 episodes in so far, so I'll see where it goes. 

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2016, 04:41:23 pm »
Just watched the 1st episode of Timeless.  Really good cast and interesting possibilities for the story lines.  NBC I think.

Offline bwallace23350

• Super Bee
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2016, 09:48:40 am »
I am looking forward to the Netflix original Crown that comes out on November 4th.

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2016, 04:03:04 pm »
I think I am dumping Aftermath and Chanel 0.  Neither are doing it for me.  Van Helsing as been good for the couple of episodes I have watched and that's not my kind of show. 

Netflix looks to have a couple of originals shows that are good.  Westworld on HBO is good.