Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Warning to beeks, my identity stolen, along with $8,700.00.  (Read 1918 times)

Offline van from Arkansas

• Super Bee
  • Van from Arkansas.
Warning to beeks, my identity stolen, along with $8,700.00.
« on: November 17, 2019, 06:47:49 pm »
Jim, please let this post remain on the main forum for a few day prior to relocating this post.

I qualify for Social Security but have elected NOT to receive my benefits.
My ID was stolen and the nightmare began.

An email created with my name, then a bank account opened at JP Morgan/ Chase Bank in my name.  Then social security was applied for over the phone, which is allowed due to my disabilities.  The thief?s have enough info on me to fool a Social Security [SS] Officer and applied for my SS.  It worked, to my horror: $8,700 was transferred to the fraudulent bank account along with reoccurring monthly payments.

I find out, LAST WEEK, when I received a confirmation letter from SS which took 4 weeks from the day of the fraudulent application.  The Social Security Administration and Secrete Service was immediately notified and is working on the case.

Currently, my credit is locked up as I notified Equifax of the above.  In the future, I have to be present at SS for any changes.

Due to my age, I am on Medicare, over 65, but as stated, I have elected not to receive social security benefits.  The question remains, HOW DID THE FRAUDSTER KNOW I QUALIFIED FOR  BUT ELECTED NOT TO RECEIVE BENEFITS FROM SS????

I am not on or a member of any social media such as twitter or Facebook.  BeeMaster is my only public means, period.  However, I would not be surprised if there are fraudulent public accounts in my name.  My ID was stolen years ago from the Fed Govt, all my personal info stolen from my pervious employer, even my fingerprint down to my High School.

Blessings

Van
I have been around bees a long time, since birth.  I am a hobbyist so my answers often reflect this fact.  I concentrate on genetics, raise my own queens by wet graft, nicot, with natural or II breeding.  I do not sell queens, I will give queens  for free but no shipping.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
Re: Warning to beeks, my identity stolen, along with $8,700.00.
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2019, 07:00:03 pm »
That is terrible Mr Van. CROOKS!. With the secret service involved, you should have answers and results soon.  Those folks are good at what they do.  God Bless you for having to experience this time of trouble. Wishing you the best!
Phillip
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2019, 12:57:52 am »
Van,
Sorry to here this. I hope SS rails them real quick and throws the book at them.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2019, 08:51:17 am »
At this point it's safe to say everyone's information has been stolen.  They just can't defraud everyone at once, so it's just the luck of the draw.  I'm sorry to hear of your troubles.  I hope it gets straightened out soon.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

• Super Bee
  • Van from Arkansas.
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2019, 09:39:42 am »
Bush, you are correct, EVERYONE info stolen.  Equifax was breach, data stolen, that is basically everybody in the US, everyone with a credit rating that is.

It was our money that was stolen, money from the govt.

Phil, Jim, Bush, thanks for the reply?s.
I have been around bees a long time, since birth.  I am a hobbyist so my answers often reflect this fact.  I concentrate on genetics, raise my own queens by wet graft, nicot, with natural or II breeding.  I do not sell queens, I will give queens  for free but no shipping.

Offline Nock

• Field Bee
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2019, 11:44:05 am »
What a mess. Nothing is safe anymore.

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2019, 09:13:39 am »
My ID was stolen years ago from the Fed Govt, all my personal info stolen from my pervious employer, even my fingerprint down to my High School.
Van
Van, what more would they need if this was compromised?
Seems like you should have had a new social security number issued back then.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2019, 09:54:49 am »
>you are correct, EVERYONE info stolen.  Equifax was breach, data stolen, that is basically everybody in the US

Exactly, and that's only ONE breech, but is basically everyone.  And we probably have never heard of 9/10 of the breeches.  No one admits a breech unless they HAVE to.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

• Super Bee
  • Van from Arkansas.
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2020, 03:52:56 pm »
This day I received notice from the social security form SS-1099 of a payment made to me of $8,391.00.  This info is reported to IRS as MY income.  Now IRS want tax money from me, for a monies stolen from an identity thief.

Yea, the thief got away with our money, stolen from social security.  I intervened as soon as I found out, but to late to stop a payment of $8,400.

Jim, thus is a public notice to fellow beeks, about identity thief and fraud.  IT CAN HAPPEN TO ANYONE.  I understand if you wish to move.  But please let a few beeks read to be forewarned,.
Blessings

Understand if you are of age and do collect social security, an identity thief can contact SS via phone with your personal data and switch your deposits to another bank, a thief?s bank, without your knowledge.

Van
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 04:05:27 pm by van from Arkansas »

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2020, 07:05:00 pm »
This day I received notice from the social security form SS-1099 of a payment made to me of $8,391.00.  This info is reported to IRS as MY income.  Now IRS want tax money from me, for a monies stolen from an identity thief.

Yea, the thief got away with our money, stolen from social security.  I intervened as soon as I found out, but to late to stop a payment of $8,400.

Jim, thus is a public notice to fellow beeks, about identity thief and fraud.  IT CAN HAPPEN TO ANYONE.  I understand if you wish to move.  But please let a few beeks read to be forewarned,.
Blessings

Understand if you are of age and do collect social security, an identity thief can contact SS via phone with your personal data and switch your deposits to another bank, a thief?s bank, without your knowledge.

Van

Mr Van why can't they simply follow the records of the account number that the thief had the money deposited in and arrest him?
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

• Super Bee
  • Van from Arkansas.
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2020, 07:16:54 pm »
That sounds like the thing to do.  However the Secret Service is handling and I know not their means.

Offline Seeb

• House Bee
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2020, 07:30:26 pm »
What is the world coming to? I know I sound like my mother, she?d say it all the time, I can?t imagine what she would say if she were alive today.

Van, I?m sure you are in a lot of hearts today and will be in the days to come for what you will be going through to get all this straightened out.  Hope you feel the love of friends here.