Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Old Remedy for Worms  (Read 4162 times)

Offline PALS

• New Bee
Old Remedy for Worms
« on: September 29, 2004, 08:46:56 pm »
Found this while poking around on the net.  8)  . http://www.sacred-texts.com/ame/pow/pow107.htm   Many interesting little nuggets.. Doe it work? Don't know.. Perhaps it is to be used with a Box, Gum or Skep type of hive..  anyway  FYI..

" A GOOD WAY TO DESTROY WORMS IN BEE-HIVES.

With very little trouble and at an expense of a quarter dollar, you can certainly free your bee-hives from worms for a whole year. Get from an apothecary store the powder called Pensses Blum, which will not injure the bees in the least. The application of it is as follows: p. 37 For one bee-hive you take as much of this powder as the point of your knife will hold, mix it with one ounce of good whiskey, and put it in a common vial; then make a hole in the bee-hive and pour it in thus mixed with the whiskey, which is sufficient for one hive at once. Make the hole so that it can be easily poured in. As said before, a quarter dollar's worth of this powder is enough for one hive.
"
Perry
No bees or Hives, yet.
Located in Fredericksburg, VA

Offline golfpsycho

• House Bee
Old Remedy for Worms
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2004, 09:32:44 pm »
I don't know about the effectivness of the chem, but I've read alot of "methods" for different things, the true goal of which, was to get a few vials of whiskey into the individual!  bahahahahahhaha...   I love yard work for example.. but the tools are in my garage... the same place as the keg!! hehehehehehe

Offline Finman

• House Bee
Re: Old Remedy for Worms
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2004, 04:42:46 am »
Quote from: PALS
you can bee certainly free  from worms for a whole year...............this powder as the point of your knife will hold, mix it with one ounce of good whiskey.
"

Looks good. "Total- body-anesthesia" for whole year?

I must first check, what is my value in life assurance. 8)

Just getting out my lazy worm.

anything