Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: The Natural Progression of Things  (Read 1775 times)

Offline .30WCF

• Queen Bee
The Natural Progression of Things
« on: September 07, 2021, 05:53:41 pm »
Even at sub 10 hives, OA wands are a pain in the butt.
I started out with a wand, then converted it to a receiver hitch electrical plug,

then changed it back to clamps with a small 12v/20Ah battery, which was light and worked just fine.

The part that was the worst for me was the inconsistency in my hives. Some were bought here, some were bought there, some were made by me?round entrances in nucs had me shimming frames and flipping the hive upside down and treating it inverted. I had several types that didn?t work well with the wand. There have been lots of scorched frames and the end (pan) of the wand falling off in the hive. Once retrieved I could set it back with a nail set punch, but it only lasts a while before the heat loosens things up again.

Well, I did a thing I knew was coming, I just didn?t know when. I rode over to Beez Needz today and,? I think I can pretty consistently drill a 1/4? hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: September 07, 2021, 06:28:02 pm by .30WCF »

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
Re: The Natural Progression of Things
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2021, 04:22:23 am »
.30WCF
Well, I did a thing I knew was coming, I just didn?t know when. I rode over to Beez Needz today and,? I think I can pretty consistently drill a 1/4? hole.

Good vaporizer. We have a member here 'Rast' that makes oxalic vaporizers on the same principle as the Provap 110 (as pictured), similar to the one JohnO use to make, for a fraction of the price of the Provap 110...At least he was making them last I heard...
I learned this from Old SteveO   youtube channel "Steve's Outdoor World"

« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 05:57:23 am by Ben Framed »
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline rast

• Field Bee
Re: The Natural Progression of Things
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2021, 08:43:49 am »
Yep still do.
Fools argue; wise men discuss.
    --Paramahansa Yogananda