ALMOST BEEKEEPING - RELATED TOPICS > OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES FORUM

Gold prospecting using a metal detector

(1/66) > >>

Lesgold:
Hi Folks,

Went out for a days detecting along a mountain stream. My mate got four nice little bits of gold and I found my usual supply of rubbish. I did get one nice signal in a narrow crevice under about 6 inches of water. We just didn?t have the gear to dig it out as the crevice was tightly packed with gravel. We tried for about 20 minutes but could not get the target out. We had to walk away. That was the hard bit. We will head back today with a bar and a scraper to attempt to remove it. Gold fever makes you do weird things. We will drive for a couple of hours and then walk for half an hour to uncover what will probably be a piece of rusty steel. Can?t wait to hit the road in an hours time. I reckon beekeepers and prospectors must be all mad lol.

Lesgold:
Back home again after the day out. Filmed the adventure as we were in pretty country. Here?s what we ended up with.

Cheers

Les

https://youtu.be/AV2MzUG2GMQ

The15thMember:
This is super cool, Les!  That stream looks very similar to the streams here in the Smoky Mountains in North Carolina, although your vegetation and birds are different.  I know that people prospect around here in our streams, although I've never done it myself.  I have that exact same portable scale, and it always comes out of calibration for me too.  I actually just found the scale by the side of the road one day when I was walking the dog.  I'm pretty sure someone was using it for drugs and chucked it out their car window.  :shocked:   

Lesgold:
Thanks Member. We had a couple of memorable days out in the bush. Good company and outstanding scenery were the standouts of the trip.

Cheers

Les

Ben Framed:
That sounds fun Les! I am posting a short clip for your entertainment. I hope you find something similar as the nugget that Buggs found!

https://youtu.be/lXZk_wSzUKc

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version