Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Viewing pics  (Read 3500 times)

Offline Keith13

• Super Bee
Viewing pics
« on: May 14, 2008, 09:21:36 am »
alot of times when people post their pics all I see is an X where the photo is supposed to be is my security set to high or somthing?

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Viewing pics
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 11:39:51 am »
could be.  if you are running good and updated virus protection, you should only need to set it to 'medium', which i think is default on windows XP and Vista.  also, make sure all your hardware and software is updated.  old drivers and programs can cause unexpected problems.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 12:10:07 pm »
Or if you are looking at older posts,  the picture may no longer be there.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline Keith13

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 01:08:07 pm »

O that was sort of what I was thinking. If I can ask a really dumb question where do they go?

Offline eivindm

• Global Moderator
  • Field Bee
    • Eivind's page
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2008, 01:11:11 pm »

O that was sort of what I was thinking. If I can ask a really dumb question where do they go?
Since the pictures are placed on other hosts (than beemaster.com) the pictures will only show up here unless the host of the pictures are not removing them.  If people use pictures hosting services, and for some reason the picture hosting service removes their account, their pictures supposed to be shown here will be gone too.

anything