Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Carts  (Read 782 times)

Online Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
Carts
« on: March 08, 2023, 10:05:26 am »
https://bushfarms.com/beescarts.htm

The hardest physical part of beekeeping is lifting and moving boxes.  Especially full ones, but also empty ones.

In my pursuit of easier beekeeping, I bought and modified several carts.  See the page above.  Some of these companies have gone out of business and I'm not sure what carts are still available.

I always wanted to find one of those brick wheel barrows with a flat bed on them, but haven't succeeded.  I'm sure one could be made from a standard wheel barrow by removing the "bucket" and replacing it with a flat bed with a front "gate" to stop boxes from sliding forward.  The wheel barrow has the advantage of being high off the ground so you don't have to bend over so far.  It also has the disadvantage of being high off the ground, limiting how high you can stack boxes.

Do any of you have carts you use to make your beekeeping easier?  I'd love to see them.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

anything