Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hobbies other than beekeeping  (Read 8872 times)

Offline 1frozenhillbilly

• House Bee
Re: Hobbies other than beekeeping
« Reply #60 on: September 17, 2021, 08:47:37 pm »
been ages since i posted to beemaster but I'm also an amateur radio operator and do some black powder shooting and a home brewer ( it was my interest in mead that brought me here so many years ago) :cool:
vegetarian???  isn't green stuff for growing meat?
I'm now KL4GU general ham

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #61 on: September 18, 2021, 12:10:42 am »
been ages since i posted to beemaster but I'm also an amateur radio operator and do some black powder shooting and a home brewer ( it was my interest in mead that brought me here so many years ago) :cool:

I use to have a Thompson Center Hawkins rifle when I was young and I really enjoyed shooting it.  Glad to see you are still active here at beemaster 1frozenhillbilly..... It is a pleasure to see you members who joined whiles ago still posting here! Your profile shows you joined December 16, 2004! That is impressive in itself!

Phillip
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

Offline Honey Hive Farms

• New Bee
    • Honey Hive Farms
« Reply #62 on: September 30, 2021, 12:21:09 am »
Our first hobby would be beekeeping, second would be honey, collect honey, sell honey, test honey all about honey.  third hobby would be trying to teach my boy (10 years old) how to be something one day and have options, welding, plumbing, shooting, working on cars, etc. 4th hobby pray for the third hobby.  It is nice to read everyones hobbies, wish you well. Tim M
Saving the world one bee at a time!
www.HoneyHiveFarms.com

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #63 on: November 07, 2021, 06:57:32 am »
Do any of you metal detect? Sounds like it may be interesting. What are some of your experiences and finds?

It was rewarding for this fellow in England, (well maybe for the crown of England). Regardless, he must have been surprised at what he found. 

A Metal Detectorist Has Found What Is Now Declared the Largest-Ever Hoard of Gold Anglo-Saxon Coins in His Backyard

https://news.artnet.com/art-world/largest-hoard-anglo-saxon-coins-2030280/amp-page
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #64 on: November 07, 2021, 11:05:37 am »
I have a metal detector. I only ever use it to look for items they I have lost. Too busy to just wander around looking for the unknown.
Jim Altmiller

Offline Kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #65 on: November 07, 2021, 12:35:43 pm »
Do any of you metal detect?

I have a metal detector. I only ever use it to look for items they I have lost.

We do a bit, but it's handy for finding lost stuff.  It was really handy for finding the lid of our septic tank years ago!  We kinda knew where it was, but had to find it not knowing exactly where.  Turns out the tank and lid are hand made and the handle on the lid is an old RR spike  :grin:

If not for that spike, we would have had to dig up half the front looking.

People find really cool stuff around the rivers and parks here.  I have it on my list to go try some of those places.
There is no week nor day nor hour when tyranny may not enter upon this country, if the people lose their roughness and spirit of defiance.? --Walt Whitman

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Super Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
« Reply #66 on: November 07, 2021, 05:09:38 pm »
My sister and I got a metal detector for Christmas almost 10 years ago.  We never found anything overly interesting with it, mostly pull-tabs, nails, and some wire.  We can't really use it as well on our current property because there are too many trees, which makes it difficult to dig.  Like Jim and Kathy said, we still use it for finding lost hardware, mostly my dad's chainsaw bar nuts.  We store the metal detector in the rafters of our garage, and I actually hang my bee suits on it!  :cheesy:   
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #67 on: November 07, 2021, 05:36:02 pm »
We store the metal detector in the rafters of our garage, and I actually hang my bee suits on it!  :cheesy:   

Well; At least it isn't a total loss. lol  :cheesy: