Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Contrary Opinions  (Read 6610 times)

Offline van from Arkansas

• Super Bee
  • Van from Arkansas.
Re: Contrary Opinions
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2019, 12:19:55 pm »
Thank you Mr. Ben for you critique.  Your time is appreciated.
Blessings
I have been around bees a long time, since birth.  I am a hobbyist so my answers often reflect this fact.  I concentrate on genetics, raise my own queens by wet graft, nicot, with natural or II breeding.  I do not sell queens, I will give queens  for free but no shipping.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2019, 01:40:17 pm »
Thank you Mr. Ben for you critique.  Your time is appreciated.
Blessings

I say the same to you also Mr Van, as well as Mr Bill and Mr Bush. At least if we do not all agree on everything, we can at least talk civilly to one another until we find a subject which we can agree upon. 
Phillip
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline eltalia

• Queen Bee
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2019, 06:03:27 pm »

"But YIKES! Who else,... what other newbees will study this thread to arrive at a
conclusion or read it for entertaining, useful information. Maybe philosophers,
malcontents and lonely people."

I'll stand a logical correction Salvo however the topic was never posted for new players
seeking info on beekeeping, regardless of the structured message.
A new critic - to BMA -  may however own a differing view.

Buuut back to bees in saying I took "cement-honey"(sic) as being a predictive text
typo, so your post is most helpfull now in bringing us (royal) to an instance of
differing perspectives of a honey phenomenon in my asking which is correct for the
origins of the term, plant or insect?
I trust the answer proves contrary.

For Australia we have "jellybush honey", back in the day a true curse as frames blew
out where it was missed on decapping. Knowing b'keeps avoided those areas of
forage like the plague. Today our Kiwi cousins are making a bundle off the back of
Manuka honey, the same stuff but marketed quite smartly.
So as well as familiarity of extraction difficulty there is also the claimed medicinal
benefits shared by JBH and CH. Thing is where does CH originate from...?... as in
looking I have found contrary descriptions of source.
Near as I can tell, for the Northern Hemisphere one group argues it is plant based
"forest honey" whereas another perspective claims CH is insect p00 gathered by
Apis honeybees. The one thing agreed on is that like JBH the product is difficult
to get into a bottle.
Help!

Cheers...

Bill

--

https://www.researchgate.net/post/What_is_the_commercial_source_of_the_sugar_melezitose
https://books.google.com.au/books?id=yOXLhu8iKE0C&pg=PT39&lpg=PT39&dq=%22cement+honey%22&source=bl&ots=DHuZc8LrML&sig=ACfU3U27JrJBwgic2WqeUBkL2wuh6qtQ8A&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiymL7-wNLhAhUTT30KHeZ8DrQQ6AEIHTAI#v=onepage&q=%22cement%20honey%22&f=false

https://www.airborne.co.nz/hnydew.shtml

https://www.activejellybush.com/

Offline eltalia

• Queen Bee
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2019, 06:10:46 pm »

"Yes if we pick out the one sentence as the whole jest of what he is trying to get across in his
article, he would indeed be wrong."

We have done context previously Ben - see post#29.
So it stands you are saying on the basis of that context Michael is wrong -  which
is the point I am making.
Now we (us) agree it then follows we (royal) have a situation where Michael - in
saying two beekeepers at odds on the same issue are wrong - now owns the
problem where two beekeepers agree his statement is wrong.

I'd offer Michael would toss such conclusion to the curb, no?

Cheers...

Bill

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2019, 06:51:16 pm »

"Yes if we pick out the one sentence as the whole jest of what he is trying to get across in his
article, he would indeed be wrong."

We have done context previously Ben - see post#29.
So it stands you are saying on the basis of that context Michael is wrong -  which
is the point I am making.
Now we (us) agree it then follows we (royal) have a situation where Michael - in
saying two beekeepers at odds on the same issue are wrong - now owns the
problem where two beekeepers agree his statement is wrong.

I'd offer Michael would toss such conclusion to the curb, no?

Cheers...

Bill

Haa haa.. I think I made myself clear, and I know that you understood my meaning and explanation; clearly and completely; weather you will ever admit it or not. Which I really doubt that you will?  I can only smile, as I reflect on some of the conversations that you and I have had in the past, as well as the one that we are having even now..  I thank you for that smile. Who knows, maybe I have made you smile also. Have a great day there in the land down under Mr Bill.

Cheers back to you!

Sincerely,
Phillip
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline eltalia

• Queen Bee
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2019, 07:05:31 pm »
@Ben Framed

All good, and well informed on this side of the Equator, Ben.

Cheers...

Bill

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2019, 07:20:54 pm »
@Ben Framed

All good, and well informed on this side of the Equator, Ben.

Cheers...

Bill

Same here Mr Bill on this side. 👍🏻
Phillip

• Super Bee
  • Van from Arkansas.
« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2019, 08:59:08 pm »
Bill, you are a well informed individual;  manukau honey.  I had no idea the honey was also callled cement honey and produced in your part of the world.  Ever taste the expensive high grade manukau?  Run, my man, run as it taste like honey mixed with chloroseptic.  Definitely phenols present with a pungent smell as mentholated honey.  Smell like medicine so it must be good for you, right.  So, up the price to $40 bucks [US]an ounce, give the honey a weird name with an awful taste and folks will beat a path to your door.

What the heck is turanose?????  Why of course,,,, an isomer of sucrose,,,, again, with a confusing name like that and made by insects one can conclude it must be good for a fella.  Well as a fact, folks are paying and buying by the ounce for the cement honey.  Black market is all over this honey, so it is graded with seal of authentic as counterfeits or dilutions are more common than the real deal.

If you can persuade your bees to collect nectar and pollen from the manukau trees or your down under bush, the bankers will bow down to you.  But seriously just mix up some farm fresh honey with menthol and taste the same to me.

Now the idea: mix cement honey with Royal Jelly and you has a new skin cosmetic.  Very believable as the phenols in manukau would tingle the skin so you could actually fell the effect of this new skin cream I just invented with a price $60 per gram.  Seriously, it would sell.

Manukau does have real medicinal properties, all satires aside.

Cheers Bill!!!

I have been around bees a long time, since birth.  I am a hobbyist so my answers often reflect this fact.  I concentrate on genetics, raise my own queens by wet graft, nicot, with natural or II breeding.  I do not sell queens, I will give queens  for free but no shipping.

Offline eltalia

• Queen Bee
« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2019, 05:03:02 am »
Yeup Van JBH is "an accquired taste"... one we will not accquire I'd wager.
Not honey focused when we were operating there are too many bad memories
of the stuff to cause more than a smile when sighting a hopefull with a table
loaded with the stuff at a farmer's market.
How times change, eh. ;-))

/waves/

Bill

• Super Bee
  • Van from Arkansas.
« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2019, 07:45:48 pm »
BenFramed:  Let me give you an example. The honey pump, Mr. Claude, is another well seasoned beekeeper, (and I hope He will not be offended by my using his name and example), whom I have the upmost respect for his knowledge, teaching, and advise. I am thinking he told me he comes from a 7th generation beekeeping family. This mans family also runs thousands of hives, producing many many gallons of honey and many thousands of pounds of wax each year. A man in his family and position had better KNOW what he is talking about or his family?s livelihood can be at risk!

The Honey Pump is a true Blessings to this forum.  The man, HP as most call the fella, has explained the commercial side of beekeeping.  I have read HP posts in which some are very detailed, lengthy yet HP took the time.  I have ask some very difficult questions and HP provided probable answers in short easily understandable format.  HP has a very good understanding of how honey bees react to a given set of circumstances enabling HP to cut through confusing situations then listing most likely reasons with cures to the situation.  Yes, Mr. Ben, Beemaster is fortunate to have The Honey Pump with his wealth of knowledge surely obtained only by years hands on and tips from Masters, maybe his own folks.  I certainly have benefited from and appreciate The Honey Pump.  Er uh one smart Homeboy as they say in the country.
Blessings

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2019, 11:33:12 pm »
BenFramed:  Let me give you an example. The honey pump, Mr. Claude, is another well seasoned beekeeper, (and I hope He will not be offended by my using his name and example), whom I have the upmost respect for his knowledge, teaching, and advise. I am thinking he told me he comes from a 7th generation beekeeping family. This mans family also runs thousands of hives, producing many many gallons of honey and many thousands of pounds of wax each year. A man in his family and position had better KNOW what he is talking about or his family?s livelihood can be at risk!

The Honey Pump is a true Blessings to this forum.  The man, HP as most call the fella, has explained the commercial side of beekeeping.  I have read HP posts in which some are very detailed, lengthy yet HP took the time.  I have ask some very difficult questions and HP provided probable answers in short easily understandable format.  HP has a very good understanding of how honey bees react to a given set of circumstances enabling HP to cut through confusing situations then listing most likely reasons with cures to the situation.  Yes, Mr. Ben, Beemaster is fortunate to have The Honey Pump with his wealth of knowledge surely obtained only by years hands on and tips from Masters, maybe his own folks.  I certainly have benefited from and appreciate The Honey Pump.  Er uh one smart Homeboy as they say in the country.
Blessings

I could not agree any more or know what I could say that would describe my appreciation of Mr Claude any better that you have just done. I am always eager to read his (replies, reports, and articles).
 Mr Van, we have several here that I am happy to admire as bee (professors). I have learned much from many here. I could start naming names but if I do, I am bound to miss someone. However, I am most happy to mention one by name, who most recently I have come to admire and respect even though he and  I have bumped heads in the past. Most likely my fault. As we come from two totally different parts of the world and cultures. Well versed in his Vocabulary a man that also knows bees and has full confidence in what he says,  and that is Mr Bill.  Hats off to each of you!  Hats 🎩 off not only to these two  but every beemaster  member who has ever responded either directly or indirectly to any of my post or comments, including you also Mr Van. I say thank you and God Bless you, each and everyone. I am very happy to be here and a part of this Forum.
Sincerely,
Phillip Hall ''Ben Framed''

« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 01:09:32 am by Ben Framed »

anything