Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hopguard 3 use  (Read 1949 times)

Offline Stung

• New Bee
Hopguard 3 use
« on: July 28, 2021, 12:19:22 pm »
I want to treat my bees, but not like keeping the honey frames off for weeks. I would like to get you people's thouys on using  HopGuard� 3

Offline rast

• Field Bee
Re: Hopguard 3 use
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2021, 10:27:46 pm »
Hopguard is not well thought of in my area.
Fools argue; wise men discuss.
    --Paramahansa Yogananda

Offline Barhopper

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2021, 09:05:37 pm »
They still sell that stuff?

Offline LawyerRick

• New Bee
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2021, 06:01:21 pm »
I use Hopguard 3 during the summer when the flow is on.  Usually it's too hot for formic in the summer so Hopguard 3 is  a good choice.  Just remember to change the strips out every week for 3 weeks & you're good to go.  Many folks try using Hopguard 3 for 1 week but that's not how it works & they get lousy results.  I've been happy with the product & it doesn't seem to bother the bees.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2021, 02:36:05 pm »
I use Hopguard 3 during the summer when the flow is on.  Usually it's too hot for formic in the summer so Hopguard 3 is  a good choice.  Just remember to change the strips out every week for 3 weeks & you're good to go.  Many folks try using Hopguard 3 for 1 week but that's not how it works & they get lousy results.  I've been happy with the product & it doesn't seem to bother the bees.

LawyerRick, this is encouraging. I will confess that I have not yet researched Hopguard 3. Thanks for your encouraging post on this subject..
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline rast

• Field Bee
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2021, 08:24:18 am »
 Too hot here in the summer for Hopgard 3 also. I think its a max ambient temp of low 90s to use.
    --Paramahansa Yogananda

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2021, 08:31:33 am »
Your point is well taken rast. As I told LawyerRick, I know nothing about Hopguard 3.  Your location Florida and his Southern Michigan are far removed as climate differences... For each of your locations, each of your post make sense.
Thanks both Ricks,
Phillip
« Last Edit: August 04, 2021, 08:47:17 pm by Ben Framed »
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline woodedareas

• New Bee
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2021, 03:20:28 pm »
Do you use 2 strips for each of 2 brood boxes, in other words 4 per 2 deep hives Or just 2 for the lower box? How often should they be rep[laced? It cost $56 per 24 strips so when you get over 10 hives it is rather expensive

Offline rast

• Field Bee
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2021, 09:15:41 pm »
Yes Ben, like the shop towels that work in arid areas, but don't in my humidity. We dream of a panacea.
  woodedareas, I don't know.
    --Paramahansa Yogananda

Offline van from Arkansas

• Super Bee
  • Van from Arkansas.
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2021, 06:36:46 pm »
Hops goes good with beer, for bees, I dunno?  Ive heard mixed results from beeks.  Glad to hear Mr. lawyer R. has good results.
I have been around bees a long time, since birth.  I am a hobbyist so my answers often reflect this fact.  I concentrate on genetics, raise my own queens by wet graft, nicot, with natural or II breeding.  I do not sell queens, I will give queens  for free but no shipping.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2021, 01:28:56 am »
Hops goes good with beer, for bees, I dunno?  Ive heard mixed results from beeks.  Glad to hear Mr. lawyer R. has good results.

Mr Van, This might be a good question for Hops Brewster ? He may know the answer to all of this..   :shocked: lol... What about it Hops?  :cheesy: :wink: