Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Breaking Even ...  (Read 1069 times)

Offline CoolBees

• Queen Bee
Breaking Even ...
« on: June 25, 2019, 03:02:54 pm »
I would like to Thank each of you in the Beemaster community for your help, advice, guidance, and sharing of opinions, observations, and experiences. Because of your help, we were able to get 3 hives thru the year successfully - )despite my best efforts to destroy them  :cheesy:).

This year we harvested (and sold) enough honey to outweigh this year's expenses by 3:1.

Expenses this year included 5 more complete hives (bodies) 200 new frames, professional Honey Bottles (in qty), new Labels, and more. (We did assembly and painting for the hives - so they cost less).

If things go well, we should pass the "Break Even" point for beekeeping next year.

Thank you to all of you!
You cannot permanently help men by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Nock

• Field Bee
Re: Breaking Even ...
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2019, 09:41:52 pm »
That sounds awesome. Glad your hard work paid off. Congrats sir.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2019, 10:01:28 pm »
Congratulations Alan
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline Mamm7215

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2019, 11:44:58 pm »
Nice job!

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2019, 09:15:22 am »
Congratulations Alan. It gets more profitable each year once you have your basic equipment paid for.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline saltybluegrass

• House Bee
  • My Bible is living with bee energy one desire
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2019, 10:15:55 am »
People that thanked me for the free honey I handed out, I said , I owe it all to the girls
Way to go Alan
And I think to myself, what a wonderful world
Then all else falls in line
It?s up to me

Offline CoolBees

• Queen Bee
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2019, 01:19:47 pm »
Thanks all. I should add that we kept about 20 lbs for our family, and we gave honey to certain extended family and some friends. It makes a great gift to neighbors, etc. ... everybody else Pays.  :wink:

Pretty awesome overall.  :grin: I sure am thankful!
You cannot permanently help men by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves - Abraham Lincoln