Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Welsh black bees  (Read 3112 times)

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
Re: Welsh black bees
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2019, 11:53:03 pm »
I watch Tim on YouTube, Walls BeeMan or something like that.  Can?t miss that pink undershirt shirt and shorts.  He seems like a sincere fella on his bee videos and expresses knowledge.  He has a video wearing no protection, opens a hive and soon realizes a big mistake.  Kinda funny video.
Blessings

He has been in bees for many many years. Yes he has several funny ones, has a good sense of humor. Loves to laugh. Showed one video with his son opening a modified shop vac and bees tear him up!! Of corse Tim is laughing the whole time !! He is one of the old time beekeepers. A really nice man.
Phillip

2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2019, 12:24:02 pm »
Actually we don't even know if there were bees here in the first place, but we do know that there is a manifest that says they were brought her in 1622.  The vikings probably brought them back around 900 to 1000.  The Chinese probably brought some in 1421.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline van from Arkansas

• Super Bee
  • Van from Arkansas.
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2019, 01:27:55 pm »
I did not know the Chinese were in America in the 1421.  History is not my favorite subject, but an important one.  I?ll take your word for it Mr. Bush.
I have been around bees a long time, since birth.  I am a hobbyist so my answers often reflect this fact.  I concentrate on genetics, raise my own queens by wet graft, nicot, with natural or II breeding.  I do not sell queens, I will give queens  for free but no shipping.

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2019, 03:26:41 pm »
The Chinese left chickens in California and South America.  We know that by the DNA.  They left a lot more everywhere around the world in 1421.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin