Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: A proud mamma of the baby ducks  (Read 2089 times)

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
A proud mamma of the baby ducks
« on: September 15, 2008, 11:13:33 am »
My Niece, oh how she loves to play mamma to the young ducklings.  When the baby ducks were incubated (10 turned out of about 30, they don't incubate well, the mamma's always hatch 12 out of 14 naturally, huge difference in success), she took three little ones and is raising them.  They think she is mamma and they run and play with her, following her like there was narry a tomorrow.  It is the funniest thing you have ever seen.  As soon as they hear her pretty little whistle, they stop their peeping and listen, and you can see how excited they get when they see her.  She has been the proud mamma of many a little duck around here, and they do turn out to be very sweet and well behaved ducks.  She put them in a little pond of water a couple of days ago, and she had to show them how to splash around, it only took a minute or two, but I guess without a real mamma to show them what to do, they were a little perplexed at what this sloshy stuff was.  My Niece can build, just like her Mother.  She extended the "brooding pens" further so she could have more room for her little babies.  I was amazed at how well she can work a hammer, saw, stapler and put up fencing.  Amazing young lady that she is, another love of my life.  Enjoy the picture of Proud Mamma.  Have a most beautiful and wonderful day, Cindi

Just a cool picture of her Brother that I wanted to show you:

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service