Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Bee wreck  (Read 51 times)

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Online BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Bee wreck
« Reply #1 on: Today at 10:33:22 am »
I?m surprised that the fire department didn?t over the whole truck with foam. My st of the time that is what they do.
Looks like the hives are still strapped to the truck. Maybe that is why they will bee able to save them.
Usually the boxes are scattered all over the road.
You have a great fire department.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Online Terri Yaki

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: Today at 10:43:58 am »
I'm trying to figure out the engineering behind uprighting the truck with the bees attached. First off, the truck is a little more than just on it's side, it's on the way over and at least some of those hives had to have gotten damaged and pushed into the others in a domino effect. That's a flatbed so I would expect that they'd grab it by the frame or the rub rail and pull it up, which I would expect to end up dropping all the hives off the other side. Either way though, if they saved most of the bees, they did good.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:45:23 am »
> Usually the boxes are scattered all over the road.
You have a great fire department.

And it seems bee wrecks are not unusual.
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Online BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: Today at 06:39:40 pm »
That looks to me that they may be able to right it with most of the hives in tact. It is amazing what the tow companies that are experienced can do.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin