Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: When Cats talk and other wierd stuff  (Read 77113 times)

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: When Cats talk and other wierd stuff
« Reply #80 on: October 02, 2008, 10:43:39 am »
Brian, what the dickens!!!  Was it the Banty rooster, hee, hee.  Beautiful and most wonderful days,  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #81 on: October 03, 2008, 12:22:09 am »
Brian, what the dickens!!!  Was it the Banty rooster, hee, hee.  Beautiful and most wonderful days,  Cindi

Might be? What's a rooster egg look like?  Or did we just answer that question?
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #82 on: October 03, 2008, 10:39:03 am »
Brian, hee, hee, -- hee, hee, hee, hee, how do you spell laughing anyways, maybe just a couple of symbols --  :shock: 8-) :-X ;) :) :) :)  Have that most wonderful and beautifully awesome day.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #83 on: October 17, 2008, 01:58:49 pm »
I've often heard scientist say that people only dream in black and white and I think of all the times I've had them in color.
In wrapping my noodle around that I have come to the conclusion that the Scientist are correct, we do dream in black and whitel
The "Dreams" in color are more of the De Javu type (precognitions or foresight).  You find yourself thinking, "I know what's going to happen next."
Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't the difference is on what you decided.  I mean if you see a precognition of actions where the think in the "dream" is the indicator of the result then if the outcome is different you obviously decided on changing your actions to change the result.
I have these kinds of things happen to me fairly often.  More and more I am changing my actions to change the outcome..experience?
Anyway those are the "dreams" I have in color.  I can almost guess when I'm going to have one now, if I see black and white images when I close my eyes at night I am probably going to just experience "normal" dreams.  If I see the images in color, then I'm more likely to have a prophetic dream that I can decide to change if I want.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
« Reply #84 on: October 17, 2008, 08:07:53 pm »
Brian, that's very interesting.  I know I've had dreams in color but have never really thought about it or why the difference!  Now going to keep track.  There are so many times thoughout my life that things happen & right in the middle I will know what the person is going to do or say next...creepy!  Maybe this is why we do so well with animals?? I know what my cats want & who wants in or out before they even make any noise.  It could be cause I watch every movement & nuance, just like I do with people.  Bruce can't figure out how I know what is going to happen in a movie, who is going to be with who...what will happen, it's in the small barely discernable actions, twitches. blinks...My Brother & I have the same ideas or thoughts at around the same time & always know when the other needs you.  Strange things!  How is the Ram doing?  Do you have an Ewe yet?  Mr. Stinky still around?  Your babies are wonderful!  Oh no, I'm rambling like Cindi! :shock: :shock:  J
I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #85 on: October 18, 2008, 10:20:35 am »
Jody, ramble on, ramblin' rose, why you ramble, no one knows...... ;) :) :) :)  Have that most awesome day, Cindi

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #86 on: November 05, 2008, 12:27:34 am »
Gathered another Rooster egg today.  At first glance I thought it was a hazel nut, or rock but no it were a rooster egg.  The idea crossed my mind that maybe a squirrel had swapped a nut for a breakfast egg.  This one was perfectly round and almost mahogany in color.  Has to be a rooster egg the hens don't lay eggs like that. 

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #87 on: November 05, 2008, 09:06:56 am »
Brian, if its a rooster egg, you know that boy's hurtin' today! :shock:

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #88 on: November 05, 2008, 10:52:26 am »
Brian, weird, something strange in your neighbourhood!!!  Did you crack it open?  I wanna know what was inside, come on, tell us, don't keep secrets  :shock: ;) :) :)  That is the most ding dang weirdest thing I have ever heard.  I know they have a vent too, maybe the vent got mixed up  :shock: :-D :?, that was supposed to be funny, probably wasn't though, hee, hee.  Did you hear any gossip in the chickenyard about what happened here?   :) :)

I surely hope that none of my birds that came from your eggs do weird things like that.  Have a most wonderful day and life, great health wishes to us all.  Cindi

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #89 on: November 07, 2008, 09:41:06 pm »
I cracked the egg open, it had a tiny yoke smaller than a pencil eraser and albumen around it just like a regular egg, just tiny.  My wife thought it might be from a sparrow or some other small bird until I pointed out that such birds have never been known to nest in with chickens. Share the same diner sure, but not the same nest.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #90 on: November 08, 2008, 10:15:01 am »
Brian, ewe, what a thought eh?  I wonder what this egg would taste like, it doesn't sound very appealing to me.  I have some hens now that are almost 5 months old, they have began to lay, and boy can't ya tell the new-hen-laying-eggs, they are rather odd shaped, these ones are very pointed, like a turkey egg and a little larger than a Banty egg.  About time they got off their lazy butts!!  Have a wonderful and most awesome life and day, love and live life, great health.  Cindi

Offline charlotte

• House Bee
« Reply #91 on: November 24, 2008, 06:24:52 pm »
Hello Brian-
Just happen to read this interesting and entertaining thread, and had to jump in on the rooster egg debate.  I have chickens and have occaisionally had one of these odd eggs as well.  Basically any interruption in the hen's laying can cause a variety of odd eggs- bumpy shells, thin shells, small eggs with little or no yolk, etc.  Small no yolk or small yolk eggs are often called "wind" eggs and are the result of a young pullet's first attempt at laying, before she is fully mature.  When it occurs in an old hen it is usually when a piece of reproductive tissue breaks away, and the egg producing glands treat it as an egg and form all the "egg contents" around it.  Some people do still refer to these as "bleep" eggs, but actually, they are laid by hens. 

Also as a side note, my aunt had a cat that used to beg at the back door and it sounded just like the cat would say "ooouut noooow!"  No kidding.  And I have a dog that "smiles" on command..  So, you are not alone! 

Have a great day & Happy Thanksgiving!  :)
Sleep is overrated!

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #92 on: November 25, 2008, 09:59:35 am »
Charolotte, wonderful that you adding weird stuff to this thread.  I love this thread, and it is one of the strangest of them all, hee, hee.  Wind eggs, now that is an interesting term eh?  Love to hear this weird stuff, bring it on!!!  Have a great day, great life, great health.  Cindi

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #93 on: November 25, 2008, 10:02:22 am »
Oh, I meant to ask, what is a "bleep" you are talking about Charlotte?  I have heard this term before and have always wondered what it fully meant.  Cindi

Offline charlotte

• House Bee
« Reply #94 on: November 25, 2008, 08:52:38 pm »
Hello Cindi!

The "bleep" is another term for a male fowl, or rooster.  For some reason the system thinks I was trying to use an inappropriate word and changed it to the "bleep.." Rhymes with sock..you get the picture.  Anyway- have a great day & happy Thanksgiving!
Sleep is overrated!

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #95 on: November 25, 2008, 11:00:44 pm »
You know, it the egg had been hollow I might agree that it was a "wind" egg as passing wind usually does not refer to passing anything that's solid.  I guess I'll have to call it a dingleberry egg from now on. 

BTW, I have one chicken that lays 1 egg a week.  It is always soft shelled and almost always doesn't hold together long enough to get collected with the other eggs.  But since she is the last of the Buff Orpington hens my parents had I kind of hate to put in the stew pot.  She's so old (5 or 6 yrs) that her broth would probably chase the vegetables out of the pot.

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #96 on: December 03, 2008, 11:46:58 pm »
Well, it happened again.  Went out to feed my pigeons and found a Coopers Hawk having dinner in.  The other pigeons were going bonkers.  Luckily the pigeon I lost to the hawk was one of my streamers (an unbanded pigeon used for hawk bait).  Had a fun time trying to catch the hawk with the fish net.  The pigeons were so upset and kept getting in my way.

Finally caught the diner.  Gave him a good shaking up in the net.  When I let him go he was so dizzy he couldn't fly for several minutes.  Stumbled around like it was drunk.  I hope I have discouraged it sufficiently of going into the loft after the birds. If not, next time I'll take it up to Bellingham or down to Everett and let it loose.

It got in because I've been sick and left the landing board down so the hawk walked right in, helped himself to dinner, then couldn't find the exit. 

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #97 on: December 04, 2008, 10:50:11 am »
Brian, oh what a bummer!!!  Oh your health, I wish you well, I wish that you could get that bad health crap behind you, maybe my thoughts through this space will help to keep you more whole.

Those ding dang hawks.  You have more patience than me.  I don't know if I would be as nice to the predator bird as you were, my hat off to you for not doing it harm, just shaking it up.  It is surprising how intelligent the predators are, when they want to come in for dinner.  Beautiful day, lovin' this life, great health.  Cindi

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #98 on: December 11, 2008, 12:14:37 am »
Today I went to the Doctor's for another checkup on my bad back and a batch of MRI's to try and find the problem.

While I was laying in the MRI machine it started to sing in 4 part harmoney...Kind of a magnetic Barbershop Quartet.
The high tenor was singing, "Look, Look, look,....."
The 2nd Tenor was singing, "See it, see it, see it,....."
The Barotone was going, "Be calm, be calm, be calm....."
and the Bass was chanting, "Pound, pound, pound......"
I could hear each very plain and distinct from each other even though it was all being sung at the same time.  It was so loud it was drowning out the Country musuc they were pipping into the headphones I was wearing to protect my ears.

I told the X-ray techs about it and they got a good laugh, nobody had ever reported hearing 4 part harmony during an MRI.

The Doc told me I have a pinched nerve (Duh), and it should get better it I just wait it out.  I told him I've had a bad back for 35 years and it never has gotten better just waiting it out.  It has gotten worse that way though.  So now I'm back to seeing the family doc and deciding what to do.  I think Chordizone shots are out (the recommended treatment) because I've had so many already.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #99 on: December 11, 2008, 11:07:05 am »
Brian, I had a MRI once for my broken up shoulder (severe rotator cuff injury), I know about all the sounds and banging in the machine.  They had to pull me out two times cause I was freaking out with the claustrophobia (even  being all doped up with some kind of drug I still freaked out).  Ken had to calm me down by hypnotizing me (well, I think that is what he did), and it worked.  But that loud banging inside the tunnel was horrible, I clearly recall that.  And the dude when he put me back in the tunnel the third time, forgot to put the earphones on, eeks!!!!!  Thank goodness I was cognizant of this fact that they weren't on.....

Anyways, you enthrall me with your imagination that runs so wild.  When I see this thread coming up in the unread posts, it is one that I open immediately, because I know you are gonna tell a story that sets my imagination to run wild too.  Thank you Brian, for your stories that maka' ma' day!!!!

I do so hope that your doctor can find something to help to alleviate your back pain.  I know back pain.  It is a nasty gal, I don't wish that on anyone.  So, now, still, you have that most wonderful and great day, my great health wishes to you, through this place of cyber.  Cindi