Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: First honey  (Read 5077 times)

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
Re: First honey
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2019, 08:54:45 am »
Honey warming buckets heat to 104F.  Pasteurized at 140F will destroy antioxidants and enzymes but prevent crystallization.
As with all heat processes time and temperature determines the results.  I have yet to see a scale plotting time and temperature for the results of destruction.  I don't accept the claim that all antioxidants and enzymes are destroyed the instant honey reaches 104 F.  I would also like to know what is the rate of destruction at room temperature as a comparison.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline van from Arkansas

• Super Bee
  • Van from Arkansas.
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2019, 10:03:56 am »
Ace, Buddy, I said at 140F it is pasteurized.

Blessings
« Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 01:32:59 pm by van from Arkansas »
I have been around bees a long time, since birth.  I am a hobbyist so my answers often reflect this fact.  I concentrate on genetics, raise my own queens by wet graft, nicot, with natural or II breeding.  I do not sell queens, I will give queens  for free but no shipping.

Offline Nock

• Field Bee
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2019, 10:41:17 am »
It?s 68-70 inside house. Just was thinking warming it 20-30 might would help. Thanks

Offline CoolBees

• Queen Bee
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2019, 08:56:06 pm »
It?s 68-70 inside house. Just was thinking warming it 20-30 might would help. Thanks

For me - that would be just fine, it just takes a little longer. I wouldn't heat it up. But that's just me.
You cannot permanently help men by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves - Abraham Lincoln

Offline paus

• Field Bee
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2019, 09:38:11 pm »
I have no technical experience on the study of honey and heat.  Since I have no experience this generally gives me the license to loudly express my opinion so I am thinking 104 F is the temp when honey starts to degrade and continues as time and temp increase.

Offline Nock

• Field Bee
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2019, 10:02:56 pm »

For me - that would be just fine, it just takes a little longer. I wouldn't heat it up. But that's just me.
I?ll give it a try at room temp. Never know till I try. Thanks

• Super Bee
  • Van from Arkansas.
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2019, 10:10:06 pm »

I second this post.

Van
I have been around bees a long time, since birth.  I am a hobbyist so my answers often reflect this fact.  I concentrate on genetics, raise my own queens by wet graft, nicot, with natural or II breeding.  I do not sell queens, I will give queens  for free but no shipping.

Offline Nock

• Field Bee
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2019, 10:07:22 pm »

Didn?t do nothing but just pour. Wasn?t bad at all. Definitely will need to stream line the bottling process come next year.

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2019, 12:40:50 am »
Wow, that is gorgeous! 
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Offline CoolBees

• Queen Bee
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2019, 01:05:05 pm »
Beautiful Nock!
You cannot permanently help men by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves - Abraham Lincoln

• Super Bee
  • Van from Arkansas.
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2019, 09:40:36 pm »
Yep, that is beautiful, makes my mouth water.

Ok here is the deal:  I purpose Nock send a bottle to every person who has viewed this thread.  Reason: teasing us with pics of mouth watering scrumptious deliciousness golden honey.  Notice how the bottle is held up to the light to show off the beauty.  We have been teased, now to be fair, Nock must pay for pain and suffering the fella has caused us.  Send us all your honey, Nock!!! 
Well I tried.🤣🤪

Blessings
Van

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2019, 10:51:27 pm »
Yep, that is beautiful, makes my mouth water.

Ok here is the deal:  I purpose Nock send a bottle to every person who has viewed this thread.  Reason: teasing us with pics of mouth watering scrumptious deliciousness golden honey.  Notice how the bottle is held up to the light to show off the beauty.  We have been teased, now to be fair, Nock must pay for pain and suffering the fella has caused us.  Send us all your honey, Nock!!! 
Well I tried.🤣🤪

Blessings
Van

Nock your honey looks to good to eat!!! Outstanding!! That being the case I must agree with Mr. Van. Which is the best proposal I?ve heard today!  :wink:
Phillip

And I quote
? I purpose Nock send a bottle to every person who has viewed this thread.?

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline Nock

• Field Bee
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2019, 11:33:04 pm »
Thanks. I wish I could but my wife made one post on Facebook. I think it?s all spoken for. Neither of us thought it would go that quick. It will be interesting to try some more next spring so I can compare the different flavors to. Up until this point all I?ve ever had was store bought.

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2019, 11:42:39 pm »
Thanks. I wish I could but my wife made one post on Facebook. I think it?s all spoken for. Neither of us thought it would go that quick. It will be interesting to try some more next spring so I can compare the different flavors to. Up until this point all I?ve ever had was store bought.

We were just kidding Nock.. wishing you many more bottles next season!! Isn?t it a good feeling, bottling our first batch of honey?
Phillip
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

• Super Bee
  • Van from Arkansas.
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2019, 11:58:41 pm »
Yes, just teasing ya Nock.  Your own honey is always the best.
Van

Offline saltybluegrass

• House Bee
  • My Bible is living with bee energy one desire
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2019, 11:33:35 am »

Nock- you and I have found the second drawback to keeping.  They aren?t just ours nor are the by products- that stuff goes and fast!!
Ima keep my mouth shut next year!!

Is that the sunflower field honey?
And I think to myself, what a wonderful world
Then all else falls in line
It?s up to me

Offline Nock

• Field Bee
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2019, 11:48:53 am »

Nock- you and I have found the second drawback to keeping.  They aren?t just ours nor are the by products- that stuff goes and fast!!
Ima keep my mouth shut next year!!

Is that the sunflower field honey?

No sir. Sunflowers were a bust. I guess they were I type that they could only get pollen from. They were in worst shape when I brought them home than when I moved them. Packed full of pollen though. This is all GR and probably some smartweed.