Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: The Crown  (Read 2894 times)

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
The Crown
« on: November 25, 2016, 10:56:36 pm »
Pretty good Netflix docudrama about the time from before abdication of Elizabeth's uncle  to time when Churchill finally stepped down.  John Lithgow did a good job as Churchill.  I lost some respect for Churchill in this, but he was a major player in the lateb19th century through the mid 20th century, and his leadership in WWII  is ovwhelming, but not featured in this series.  Focus is on Elizabeth and Phillip.  Worth watching.
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Super Bee
Re: The Crown
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2020, 03:31:51 pm »
Pretty good Netflix docudrama about the time from before abdication of Elizabeth's uncle  to time when Churchill finally stepped down.  John Lithgow did a good job as Churchill.  I lost some respect for Churchill in this, but he was a major player in the lateb19th century through the mid 20th century, and his leadership in WWII  is ovwhelming, but not featured in this series.  Focus is on Elizabeth and Phillip.  Worth watching.

Don't forget it's mostly fiction, made for gullible people. Dallas set in the UK :wink:
What's good for bees is usually good for mankind. Doesn't that mean sharing?

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2020, 03:51:26 pm »
Derek, I sent you a PM.
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2020, 05:29:53 pm »
Sorry to hear that, Ben :sad:

I was referring to the TV series 'Dallas' an everyday story of oil folk. :wink:
What's good for bees is usually good for mankind. Doesn't that mean sharing?

anything