Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Scientists Spy On Bees, See Harmful Effects Of Common Insecticide Facebook Twi  (Read 1103 times)

Offline bwallace23350

• Super Bee
https://www.npr.org/2018/11/09/665634367/scientists-spy-on-bees-see-harmful-effects-of-common-insecticide
A team of researchers peered inside bumblebee colonies and spied on insects individually labelled with a tiny tag to figure out exactly how exposure to a common insecticide changes their behavior in the nest.

They found that the insecticide ? from a controversial group called neonicotinoids ? made the bees more sluggish and antisocial, spending more time on the periphery of the nest. It also made them less-attentive parents, according to research published Thursday in the journal Science.

Wonder if this applies to honeybees also

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
https://www.npr.org/2018/11/09/665634367/scientists-spy-on-bees-see-harmful-effects-of-common-insecticide
A team of researchers peered inside bumblebee colonies and spied on insects individually labelled with a tiny tag to figure out exactly how exposure to a common insecticide changes their behavior in the nest.

They found that the insecticide ? from a controversial group called neonicotinoids ? made the bees more sluggish and antisocial, spending more time on the periphery of the nest. It also made them less-attentive parents, according to research published Thursday in the journal Science.

Wonder if this applies to honeybees also

Good article bwallace. Thanks for posting this information. You have a good question which leads me to wonder how it affects all other creatures including humans.   
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.