Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: 2018 Tupelo honey crop, not impressive to me.  (Read 1152 times)

Van, Arkansas, USA

2018 Tupelo honey crop, not impressive to me.
« on: November 01, 2018, 11:45:26 pm »
I purchased some 2018 Tupelo honey.  I was not impressed, there is a slight bitterness to the well known world wide for it sweetness honey.  I have some 2016 Tupelo that lives up to the name.  The year 2017 was a bust for Tupelo honey due to wind and rain.

I purchased from one of the largest producers of Tupelo.  I would like to know if others have tried the 2018 crop and their thoughts.
Blessings

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Re: 2018 Tupelo honey crop, not impressive to me.
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2018, 06:50:28 am »
I purchased some 2018 Tupelo honey.  I was not impressed, there is a slight bitterness to the well known world wide for it sweetness honey.  I have some 2016 Tupelo that lives up to the name.  The year 2017 was a bust for Tupelo honey due to wind and rain.

I purchased from one of the largest producers of Tupelo.  I would like to know if others have tried the 2018 crop and their thoughts.
Blessings
Van,
Like Manukau honey, Tupelo honey is adulterated really bad. I would take some of it and put in the refrigerator and see if it crystallizes. I bet it does even though Tupelo doesn?t.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Van, Arkansas, USA

Re: 2018 Tupelo honey crop, not impressive to me.
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2018, 02:49:14 pm »
Thanks Mr. Jim:
This particular Tupelo I Purchased is supposedly from hives placed on private swamp land, Georgia, SW that tested 80%.

I have placed the Tupelo in back of my cabinet to see if it crystalizies, Good Idea Mr. Jim.  Time will tell.
Blessings

anything