Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: RE: SHB: Red Light 'discovery'  (Read 1192 times)

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
RE: SHB: Red Light 'discovery'
« on: August 08, 2018, 12:27:05 am »
Has anyone heard of, or tried the (new solution) for small hive beetles that LJ posted of, in the disease and pest control heading, which was covered by Bee Culture Magazine?
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Online BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Re: RE: SHB: Red Light 'discovery'
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2018, 01:26:14 am »
Yes but they did it with a red coated plastic lid. I?m not sure about elsewhere but a lid that passes sun light through would cook my bees here in north Fl.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
Re: RE: SHB: Red Light 'discovery'
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2018, 07:07:49 am »
Yes but they did it with a red coated plastic lid. I?m not sure about elsewhere but a lid that passes sun light through would cook my bees here in north Fl.
Jim

That would be my concern also. The sun bears down pretty hard here in Mississippi as well.  I am wondering if any of our members of the forum have tried this new cover. It would be nice to actually hear from someone that we know who has used this cover and give us the score. Personally, I don't see how anything that allows sunlight inside, even red light, would not also generate heat. I am also thinking about a solar wax melter. 😊😁.  On the other hand, someone who has devolved a product, that has made its way into Bee Culture, may or must have overcome this obstacle and that is what gives me hope. Surely Bee Culture wants keep up a good reputation producing only reputable and upstanding reports? I guess time will tell..
Here is the link that LJ posted from Bee Culture .   
http://www.beeculture.com/catch-the-buzz-new-cover-lets-in-only-red-light-and-keeps-small-hiv

Thanks, Phillip Hall
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

anything