BEEKEEPING LEARNING CENTER > DOWN UNDER BEEKEEPING

Honey uncapper

(1/6) > >>

max2:
Has anybody in Australia purchased one of these Harmony Farm un-cappers?

Looks rather interesting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltnAUA6GhBk

BeeMaster2:
It does not look like it is uncapping the top of the frame. If it is is would be a great un capper. It looks like it could bee easily modified to be used on high production equipment where you just push it down and the frame would go all the way through to a loading rack. It does look fast and rather easy.
Jim

Acebird:
I haven't used it or know anyone that has but it looks cleaver at first sight.  Cleaning it might be a chore without steam or high pressure water.  Copying it would be easy.  You could just about tear apart a paper shredder if the knives were stainless.

BeeMaster2:

--- Quote from: Acebird on June 15, 2018, 08:39:06 am ---I haven't used it or know anyone that has but it looks cleaver at first sight.  Cleaning it might be a chore without steam or high pressure water.  Copying it would be easy.  You could just about tear apart a paper shredder if the knives were stainless.

--- End quote ---
Ace,
I suspect that is where the blades came from. Just last year I gave a neighbor a shredder that had those blades in it. Wish I had it now. I will keep an eye out for one like it.
Jim

Acebird:
Jim, I don't think they are stainless in a shredder though.  Maybe you can coat them with hot wax to keep them from rusting when not in use.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version