Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Best wishes for a peaceful Memorial Day  (Read 106 times)

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
Best wishes for a peaceful Memorial Day
« on: May 27, 2018, 03:19:44 pm »
Here's wishing a peaceful Memorial Day to all, and especially to veterans and those close to those who served. 
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
Re: Best wishes for a peaceful Memorial Day
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2018, 03:45:27 pm »
Thank You, and back at'cha.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline sawdstmakr

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2018, 08:45:17 pm »
Thanks and same to all of our veterans.
Jim
"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed.  If you do read the newspaper you are misinformed."--Mark Twain

Offline Jim 134

• Super Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2018, 08:50:36 am »

Memorial Day is a solemn day of remembrance for everyone who has died serving in the American armed forces.

BEE HAPPY Jim 134  :smile:
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 04:28:28 pm by Jim 134 »
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2018, 02:32:28 pm »
To look at newspaper and other advertising, you'd think it was a celbration and cause for another sale.  I've even seen or heard of some twits wishing people a happy Memorial Day, so the masses have lost sight of what a memorial is, I guess.  I wish veterans, in particular, a peaceful Memorial Day because most of us have a better-than-average idea what this day is about.  I think of it as a day to honor those who fell in combat, but also these who served.  That, too, may be a distorted way of looking at this day of mourning.
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline Jim 134

• Super Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2018, 04:27:42 pm »
.  I think of it as a day to honor those who fell in combat, but also these who served.  That, too, may be a distorted way of looking at this day of mourning.

Dallasbeek

Justin Case you would like to know the difference between Memorial Day and Veterans Day.. Don't worry a lot of people don't know this and if they do they do not pay any attention... I would be grateful if you honored... my fellow brothers and sisters who did fall in combat in the military..

http://q13fox.com/2018/05/25/what-is-memorial-day/

BEE HAPPY Jim 134  :smile:
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/