Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Extraction Time  (Read 1111 times)

Offline Beeboy01

• Field Bee
  • Oh Look A Honey Bee !!!
Extraction Time
« on: May 01, 2018, 04:46:42 pm »
I was in the hives last week and found plenty of capped honey. Looks like about 2 1/2 or 3 shallow supers pretty much full along with a couple deep frames. Planning to pull and extract tomorrow, got my old Kelly reversible set up along with the decapping sink, buckets and knife. Most of the honey is coming off just one hive which I started about this time last year.
  I'm a little excited, it's been around three years since I was able to have a spring harvest.

Offline Barhopper

• House Bee
Re: Extraction Time
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2018, 08:42:21 pm »
Good spring for us over here also. Going to do our 3rd extraction of the year tomorrow. Pulling capped frames when I get over 20. They seem to be filling them fast after they?re put back on. Best spring in a few years.

Van, Arkansas, USA

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2018, 10:35:54 pm »
Bar hopper{They seem to be filling them fast after they?re put back on. Best spring in a few years.}

I dream about those years.  Very glad to hear you are Honey bound.

I extract in June, then I will see this years harvest.
Cheers

Offline texanbelchers

• House Bee
    • Mark Belcher
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2018, 12:15:38 am »
I'm glad you guys are doing well.   I did 2 removals this weekend.  Lots of dark, dry comb and barely any nectar in either one.   My hives are just holding.   The flow here seems late this year.

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2018, 12:02:03 pm »
Texanbelchers, same here. I was in my hives about two weeks ago and didn't see any capped honey. Our spring was messed up. It'd be warm enough for stuff to start to bud then it'd freeze.
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline Beeboy01

• Field Bee
  • Oh Look A Honey Bee !!!
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2018, 05:42:39 pm »
Just finished the extraction. I pulled 24 shallows and they were all packed with capped honey. Pretty much filled a 5 gallon bucket so I'm calling it a good 4 gallons. Still letting the caps drain overnight which should be good for another quart or two. I'll post some pictures if I can figure out how to download from my cell phone.

anything