Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Bears  (Read 1391 times)

Offline lilprincess

• New Bee
Bears
« on: April 12, 2018, 11:10:32 am »
Just thought I would share the destruction that a bear can have on a shed... thankfully there was only a few frames of old comb I had left behind fron last year.
On the front of this shed in a tall electric fence that the bear didn't even bother with. The tracks put this black bear at 7-8ft nose to tail. Looks like I'll have to put the fence all the way around the shed!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Offline cao

• Super Bee
Re: Bears
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 11:19:42 am »
I'm glad that I don't have to worry about that around here. :shocked:

Van, Arkansas, USA

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 03:27:57 pm »
7-8ft nose to tail, no thank you.  In Arkansas we have teddy bears compared to what you are describing.

In Montana, southern part the bears were in the 350 pound range, Northern part of Montana the bears were in the 650 range,,,,,all genetics.  Talking about black bears only..... not the grizzlies.

Offline eltalia

• Queen Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 07:25:58 pm »
7-8ft nose to tail, no thank you.  In Arkansas we have teddy bears compared to what you are describing.

In Montana, southern part the bears were in the 350 pound range, Northern part of Montana the bears were in the 650 range,,,,,all genetics.  Talking about black bears only..... not the grizzlies.

Our bear is too laid back to do Man any real harm, other than cause sleepless nights
in mating season as the Bulls roar in the treetops, or you're silly enough to wake one
up for a "cuddle"... those Golden Shower vids have nothing on a rising (sleep) koala!
 :chuckles:
http://invorma.com/13-insane-facts-of-cute-koala-you-might-didnt-know-it-before/

Bill

Offline Skeggley

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2018, 10:56:05 am »
Yeah good one Bill, lull them into a false sense of security. We need to keep our drop bears well fed.

Offline eltalia

• Queen Bee
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2018, 06:56:36 pm »
Yeah good one Bill, lull them into a false sense of security.
 We need to keep our drop bears well fed.

:grins:
Hellyeh!
[account]
The first invaders of Terra Nullus built their homes (gunyahs)
in that classic dome shape so when tbe bears attacked
they rolled down the sides giving the sleeping occupants time
to wake, grab a spear, and meet the threat.
Still, some babes in bark swaddling were snuck away and chomped.
[extracted from "Campfire Tales of the Never Never"]

Bill

anything