Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Fl fall  (Read 992 times)

Offline jtcmedic

• Field Bee
    • Sweetest sting honey
Fl fall
« on: October 04, 2017, 09:39:08 pm »
My bees are acting like spring , the fall flow here is crazy, they started building swarm cells(empty) and started drones but zero drones in the hive. Is this normal

Offline Bush_84

• Field Bee
Re: Fl fall
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 09:42:12 pm »
I'd say no but I'm on the opposite side of the country. My flow is done and my leaves are changing and falling
Keeping bees since 2011.

Also please excuse the typos.  My iPad autocorrect can be brutal.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 09:47:36 pm »
JT,
Empty queen cells are queen cups. Bees make them all the time, not an indication of swarming. Drone production is an indication of a strong hive and a good old source.
That being said, here in Florida, bees can swarm mosts months of the year.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Eric Bosworth

• Field Bee
  • I love New York... I hate the government.
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2017, 10:17:32 pm »
Here in New Yuk we are winding down. Usually this is peak foliage weekend but I think it will be a little later this year. We had a cool wet summer and a sunny warm fall so far. I think the trees are confused.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns; that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party. ---Mao Tse Tung

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. ---Benjamin Franklin

Offline jtcmedic

• Field Bee
    • Sweetest sting honey
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2017, 10:24:22 pm »
Thanks all ways have cups in the hive but this was in the swarm location this late in the season.added some room for the girls

anything